recycled

Tire Tool Group Buy(on ADV)

For all the people that expressed interest in the "tire tool" that Afry posted a while back, now is your opportunity to get one. EvanADV on the Adventure Rider site is sponsoring a group buy. The sign up ends on June 30th and below is the link to the sign up page. He is looking for a minimum order of 25 and it looks like the list is growing quickly. I see "Wintyfresh" at the top of the list, is that the same person from SDAR??

Kaurit Moto Tire Tool Group Buy on Adventure Rider

This is a good tool - I would buy again. I now change my own tires and did not - would not before. I even bought the balancer from Harbor Freight for a complete job.

Has anyone tried these on street bike 17" tires? I tried mounting my supermoto tires and wound up giving up, I couldn't even break the bead without being worried about damaging the sidewall. :blink:

Has anyone tried these on street bike 17" tires? I tried mounting my supermoto tires and wound up giving up, I couldn't even break the bead without being worried about damaging the sidewall. :blink:/>/>

This tool is only for mounting the new tires. It does not remove the old tire or break beads. It is simply a hub centric "pusher" device that allow the tire to be stretched over the rim by pushing vice levering with a tire iron. For breaking beads on a super-moto wheel, I favor the 2x4's and trailer hitch method (or some variation of this).

Has anyone tried these on street bike 17" tires? I tried mounting my supermoto tires and wound up giving up, I couldn't even break the bead without being worried about damaging the sidewall. blink.gif/>/>

This tool is only for mounting the new tires. It does not remove the old tire or break beads. It is simply a hub centric "pusher" device that allow the tire to be stretched over the rim by pushing vice levering with a tire iron. For breaking beads on a super-moto wheel, I favor the 2x4's and trailer hitch method (or some variation of this).

I have seen the Motion Pro bead breaker in use and it worked pretty well.