An extreme environmental organization called PEER (Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility) has filed a lawsuit against Ocotillo Wells basically saying there is too much environmental damage for it to remain an open area. They are asking the court to close everything except trails that are on the official map. Everything we love out there is at stake with this suit.

I plan on going to this meeting....hope to see some SDAR folks there....please get involved and stay informed of issues affecting our public lands, support CORVA, SDORC, Stewards of the Seqouia, etc. They need money to fight these lawsuits....without our help and $$, we will lose it all !

There is going to be a meeting for like minded off-roaders to discuss ideas and form a strategy May 30th in Lakeside. This will be at Ranch House Restaurant at 7:00pm.

Please join in with off road enthusiasts who are banding together to fight this proposed closure.

From S&S Off Road Magazine........

An informational meeting will be held this Thursday,

May 30, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. in Santee CA

The Ranch House Restaurant, 11510 Woodside Ave, Santee, California 92071

For more information and to invite all your Facebook friends visit the Facebook page

Fight for Ocotillo Wells OR LOSE IT!

Click here to read a press release published by the environmental groups who want to close the land.

Click here to view the entire legal document submitted to the court.

I don't have the social manners to get my point across. For 50+ years I have being going to Ocotillo Wells and using it for just that. No one can or ever will be able to control mother nature or use that area for much else. So I wish others would turn their time and money to intercity gang and education problems. And just maybe there would not be the crime or the bad attitudes that are so widespread. That is the erosion that should be addressed.

This is no joke. This group of eco nazis was involved in filing the lawsuit against the BLM to get 1/2 of Glamis closed down becuase of the Pierson's Milk Vetch in 2000.

And before that wasn't somebody having a cow over the Least Bells Vireo? <_<

I'll try to be at this meeting...These groups make me sick. :angry:/> ..they never stop....and won't be happy til everything is CLOSED....they have lost sight of what PUBLIC LANDS means.....there is already so little OHV area in the state.....

Do you know what the facebook page is?

Maybe it's time for a green sticker renewal boycott.

I bet we could get neighboring states to issue temporary registrations and let them have the revenue instead.

The fact we pay these extremists' pay checks irks me to no end.

Zancat

I guess the meeting changed.

PASSING ALONG NEWS WE JUST RECEIVED

Regarding the meeting scheduled for Thursday,

May 30, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. in Santee CA:

Because The Ranch House has a limited seating capacity, we have been informed that it has been decided this meeting will be limited to board members and Ocotillo Wells Stakeholders ONLY to ensure that this meeting stays as productive as possible.

Thank you to the many people who expressed an interest in attending this meeting. Please keep checking back on our website for updated information on the matter and for information about a future meeting that will accommodate a large number of people.

IN CASE YOU DID NOT SEE THE FIRST EMAIL:

An environmental group has filed a lawsuit to close down all open riding at Ocotillo Wells SVRA.

Click here to read a press release published by the environmental groups

who want to close the land.

Click here to view the entire legal document submitted to the court.

Thank you,

Sherri Kukla

Editor and Co-Founder

S&S Off Road Magazine

www.ss-offroadmagazine.com

760-767-4680

Hi, this is Ed Stovin, people needed at the meeting are leaders of off-road organizations, like jeep clubs, motorcycle clubs, political OHV types. I think it would be appreciated if regular OW riders skip this meeting. We will be discussing how we should deal with the issue and the place where the meeting is is only so big. "Fight for Ocotillo Wells" on Facebook and my site, www.saveocotillowells.com will have meeting info the next day. It is very early in this issue and will probably take a couple years to play out. Let's pray it doesn't turn into the cluster that has engulfed the dunes. There will be times when we will need everyone who cares to take action, but now is not the time. A couple people jumped the gun announcing this meeting, we are sorry about that. So hang on, check the web for info and we will do the best we can.

Ed