Slaugo

Nate Harrison Palomar breakin ride

Just added the KLX needlw from Eagle Mike, Snappy! Super smooth in stall. 2nd clip, 142 main and 1.75 A/F turns. Added some Handgaurd mitts. Was 26 degrees last week and felt no pain with the mitts and heated jacket. Got a Mega tube tool tube mounted. Fabed a steel rack to replace the stock rack for my top box. Got a 16 tooth front counter and DID chain from EM, havent in stalled yet. Added a UNI Air filter and Skene Designs P3 light system. Awesome. Highly recomend for visibility. KLX/Yamaha petcock mod. Just ten months in and over 10,000 miles running strong.

Pre Needle install shakedown run.

http://youtu.be/szIc0A4paK4

Still riding the big pig! 14 months old 19,000 miles and a few mods. Still running strong. 2nd valve adjustment and second chain set. 8th set of tires and found the Heidenau to be the best for wear. But the D606s for traction of course. Anywho, if you ever come by Central Texas you got a place to wrench and sleep.

Ride on, be safe!

post-15232-0-98711300-1402688567.jpg

post-15232-0-62562400-1402688591.jpg

post-15232-0-45308800-1402688697_thumb.j

post-15232-0-40545800-1402688831_thumb.j

So tell us about the riding in Central Texas...entice us some...bring it man!

Hippo Hands, live bait well on the tail, all set. Like my Dad always told me....lead with your tool kit. :upsidedown:

Good to see you're still at it. That KLR gets tested and has been a good bike for ya.

Need to dump that thing a few times in the dirt to give it that loved look.

Howdy Y'all?

Looking for a long desert ride June 10Th 2016 from Diego to the desert.

Banner grade to the California trail to Oroflame to Canyon Sin Nombre to Sandstone to Diablo to Fish creek to Superstition to Glamis back to Ocotillo Wells and back to Jullian. 

Have a few potential KLR riders and the flight plan may be subject to change. 

And I'll have to make it out to Cali with a running KLR thru New Mexico and AZ off road trails along the way. 

Hope to see the usual suspects out for a desert stroll. 

Bring water, tools and tubes and an expectation of fun?

image.jpeg

Some Tejas riding.image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks like you are getting more than your moneys worth from that KLR! I should be free to ride on the 10th, but I'll leave it at serious lurker status for now.

Nice photos of your Texas rides. How many miles on the KLR now?

87,000?

Big Bend Fed park south Texas. About one of two places that reminds me of SoCal.

Black Diamomd all cleaned up. 

I have to ride 498 miles to get to great riding areas here in Texas. I'm at 43,000 miles. Thought I would have more but I hit a deer at 70mph about a year and a half ago and it put me out for a while with my first set of broken bones. 

Eagle Mole hooked me up with a new 685 kit and a rebuilt head about 20,000 miles ago. 

image.jpeg

I was fortunate enough to hit Glamis and Ocotillo Wells about a year ago and about 6 months ago again. 

We have some sand dunes here in Texas. 428 miles from the house. 

Beautiful ride out using side country roads. Makes for a long day?

image.jpeg

They has an event out here in Texas that they called AdventureCross. We got to ride a scramble course backwards. 

What a blast!

Big Bend last December. Beautiful day of riding. That's my little one man Eureka Solotaire tent. Like a condo in the wilderness ?

image.jpeg

Been working on a single axle trailer from a donation off a rolling Gen I Klr 650. 

I'll be able to carry my hear on the trailer instead of my bike and the trailer parks in my tent. So no more burying my gear in the sand at the dunes to ride light?

I'll be looking for a thanks giving ride out in SoCal for a visit of anyone is interested I'll be posting up. 

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Slaugo said:

Been working on a single axle trailer from a donation off a rolling Gen I Klr 650. 

I'll be able to carry my hear on the trailer instead of my bike and the trailer parks in my tent. So no more burying my gear in the sand at the dunes to ride light?

I like the trailer! Very ingenious. Looks like you can't even feel it back there. 

I watched the trailer vid a week or two back, you could hear the dismay when you wheelied!  Lol

Dang, Scott! You are riding that KLR like it's a trials bike! 

Glad to see you're still at it.

On 9/17/2016 at 10:13 AM, CL300CAPT said:

I like the trailer! Very ingenious. Looks like you can't even feel it back there. 

Charlie? Dust off the DRZ and let's go for a ride. 

When I first went on a freeway run, I had to look back a couple of times because I thought I lost it :)