Sign in to follow this  
Spaugh

Riding / Camping Saturday Jacumba

I'm heading out tomorrow morning, driving into the backwoods, setting up camp and doing bike setup and riding all day. Then campfire, BBQ and beers Saturday night. Leaving Sunday AM. Will be laid back day of bike tweaking and riding around.

Everyone welcome to join. If you want to come out, do some riding, bike setup you are welcome. Just let me know and we can arrange a meetup time and place. Its just me and another rider at this time.

In Jacumba?

Interested, but any chance you could send a fix (Lat Long, Google Maps) of where you might set up.

In Jacumba?

Interested, but any chance you could send a fix (Lat Long, Google Maps) of where you might set up.

Jon, north side is where we will be setting up. probably way the heck back in there away from everything. there may be a little bit of offroading to get in there. Haven't really picked an exact spot, there are lots of camp sites in there. We can try and make it not so difficult to get to if you want to drive a 2WD in there. Can also cruise with me if you want, briana is going to AZ this weekend so i have room.

"big campground on corrizo gorge road" ya, we can go there if you bring lots of hot women...

If I go I'll need to be able to get the big red beast in there. It's 2WD with open differential.

If I go I'll need to be able to get the big red beast in there. It's 2WD with open differential.

i think it will make it but there is a little stretch that you will need to crawl slowly through. i can make it in my vehicle in 2WD no locker but may have a decent bit more clearance. I'd say go for it! life is short and the van is old... and i carry a big ass tow strap and shackles.

pasta if you get in trouble let me know , I have figured out how to drive my stick 4x4 dodge diesel with the cast on, I can pull you thru whatever, you can even leave the van in park if you want.

pasta if you get in trouble let me know , I have figured out how to drive my stick 4x4 dodge diesel with the cast on, I can pull you thru whatever, you can even leave the van in park if you want.

i got the same rig, dodge 4x4 diesel 6speed. can pull the big red van down devils canyon :evil:

was a little work getting there but was a great camp spot. Nice riding with you Jon and Alan. Jon is a pretty adventurous rider, good times.

8587525760_09575bd970_b.jpg

74432_10200408216102309_476731694_n.jpg

Don't know what he's talking about. I was just trying to find an easier way up the hill. Then I lost them altogether.

74432_10200408216102309_476731694_n.jpg

Don't know what he's talking about. I was just trying to find an easier way up the hill. Then I lost them altogether.

we were following you, its all good. just making sure you didn't die first. we had a great time were not worried about the creative lines. :drinks:

that hill is really not that bad if you get some decent speed into it. we popped out right at the steep spot. that was "heat stroke hill" with schwinn.