Sign in to follow this  
RogerTOWM

Which shop for service

Well it’s that time, my 2008 KLR650 needs it’s 600 mile service. The question for today is which shop do I use in East County? Normally I’d just go to the dealership where I bought the bike from. In this case that would be San Diego House of Motorcycles. But I haven’t been hearing good things about them. The other East County dealership is Quincy in El Cajon. I have heard they do a poor job and I don’t feel comfortable there. So what are my options for KLR service? :unsure: This is the first service, I do want to have a professional do this one and I want them to check the valves. The subsequent services I will more than likely do myself. Anyone have any ideas? Roger

Rodger, I just sent you a reply in the new member section. Check it out before you decide on a dealer. Good luck with the new bike. :unsure: Ken

I think you're right about both of those dealers... 20 years ago, I had great success with House, but I'll never go back there, unless they have a great deal on a used bike.

I don't think going to a dealer ruins your warranty, as long as you can show that all the required service was done to the factory specs... but i could be wrong...

have you searched doohickey, yet?

www.advrider.com search KLR and dohickey/doohickey/do-hickey...

or e-mail eagle mike... I blew up my KLR for want of a $50 fix... not under warranty.... in BFE... and it was cold and rainy... OK... I have my blanky and feel better now

After this weekend i will have to do the same. I was going to try Vey's kawasaki in Lakeside.

I have used both of those other dealer and they keep lying to me, my Kawa jet ski was having proformance issues, i asked them to hook up the computer and see if they can tune it, i got it back running 10 times worst. i went in to meet with service manager, he told me they dont have the computer because it cost too much. they had no problem charging me for it. they refunded my money but did not do the work.

I ended up at FBC, but the kids were a pain in the ass to work with..

You know I try to work on my own stuff as much as possible, even getting parts is pissing me off latley.

I hope you find a fare trustworthy shop that is dependable. :) Maybe I'll go there too!

Guys,.

I found a local shop close to me in Spring Valley, the place is called SoCal Motorcycle Services, cool guys very fair in price and they no there stuff. 2766 Via Orange Way, Suite P, owner name is Buck very cool dude tell him Fred sent ya if you go there and he will give you a deal as I have been getting all my stuff I cant do there done.

619-244-5386