KTMrad

2013 Desert Dash Comments from ABSP

Wanted to share Ranger Sue's comments about this year's Dash a couple weeks ago....thanks to all the riders for promoting a good, positive image in the Park !

Hi Randy,

Sorry for not returning your call sooner but I wanted to get some feed back from my staff about your event first.

Most of the comments I received were very positive. The Fish Creek ranger said the group was well behaved and kept their speed down. He did say that several visitors relayed to him that they had to wait for lots of bikes to pass before continuing their drive, and he witnessed a couple of delays near the entrance to Fish Creek, but they weren’t overly long and that several bikes even pulled over for vehicles so not a big deal.

Another ranger did comment about the speed of some of the participants but didn’t say where she was at the time so don’t know if it was even someone from your event.

The only other comment I received had to do with some off-road tracks in Box Canyon and June Wash. This came from a resident in that area and also from the patrol ranger though the ranger did say she can’t really say it was the result of your event.

So, all in all I’d say it went pretty well this year. No need for any additional clean up.

Thanks for keeping the participants informed about our park rules and regulations. I hope all had a good time.

Sue

Seems a much different response in comparison to years past. If I recall in the past we got "there's tracks outside the main route in the washes. You need to get down here and clean it up". It's refreshing to hear that we aren't the bad guys, but perhaps 1 of the 1000's of other riders that were in the area over the weekend could have ridden "off route".

Thank you Sue

:good:/>

So, all in all I’d say it went pretty well this year. No need for any additional clean up.

Thanks for keeping the participants informed about our park rules and regulations. I hope all had a good time.

Sue

Nice to have some "team" spirit/feedback from Park Staff.....well done everyone!