Bagstr

No Toil Filter Treatment

DSCN02931000w-L.jpg

So, I made the move to a down the drain filter treatment.

The hard part was thoroughly cleaning the petroleum out of the Twin Air foam filter. Mineral Spirits then Simple Green. There was a good deal of grid in there! The new No Toil "Oil" squeezed in much like paint. Set - Up = 1 hour. I use the Filter Skins as well that get oiled. Plus, wait there is more, No Toil Rim Grease. In all feels tacky and such, time will tell if it filters as well as real Oil.

The Large Plus is that the Oil / Grease dissolves instantly when the filter is soaked in the No Toil filter cleaner. The cleaner, surprisingly is a powder which dissolves in warm water. The future cleaning will be a piece of cake!

"No doubt" that the motor runs much "cleaner" on my test run on the pavement . dirol.gif

I've been using this stuff for 3 years and love it. Cheap and easy.

Oxy Clean works just as well.

It's water soluble.

Don't get water on your filter- like stream crossing, etc.

Oxy Clean works just as well.

+1 for Oxyclean, that stuff works great

It's water soluble.

Not quite that easy. It's water soluble, but I'm not so sure that's quite what it means. You still need to apply the detergent. Not even break cleaner takes it off.

Guest Crusty

;lppppppppppaZqqqqq21

It's water soluble.

Been using it for more than 8 years, with NO problems.

Rode miles of deep streams at the 2011 Desert Dash.

My tail light and blinkers had water in them after this ride ,

but my motor ran strong, even with an opened up air box.

when I cleaned the filter it still held the oil and dirt.

Guest Crusty

Great stuff, I wash up to 4 filters at a time in a 5 gallon bucket filled with hot water and laundry detergent.

Then rinse in clean hot water and put in clothes dryer on low for about 10 minutes.coolio.gif

Guest Crusty

Great stuff, I wash up to 4 filters at a time in a 5 gallon bucket filled with hot water and laundry detergent.

Then rinse in clean hot water and put in clothes dryer on low for about 10 minutes.coolio.gif

Are you guys trying to sway me away from good old fashioned gasoline ?:blink:/>

Hey Bags are you still drinking Christmas beer ?

Kug,

"Snow Day " It is still winter, didn't you hear.

Hey Bags are you still drinking Christmas beer ?

It's water soluble.

Not quite that easy. It's water soluble, but I'm not so sure that's quite what it means. You still need to apply the detergent. Not even break cleaner takes it off.

Funny thing water soluble- brake clean/petrolem base will not clean coke cola and water wipes it off. Water will not clean oil with out soap, soap makes water wetter.

Not that easy at all. The first time I used No-Toil I got the filter oil on my hands and tried two or three different soaps and cleaners and nothing got it off. I used a little of the cleaner and instantly my hands were clean. I've used other oil based filter agents since then but am going to use the No-Toil since I still have it.

So the Oxy Clean. Is that for the No Toil or petroleum based filter oils?

Not that easy at all. The first time I used No-Toil I got the filter oil on my hands and tried two or three different soaps and cleaners and nothing got it off. I used a little of the cleaner and instantly my hands were clean. I've used other oil based filter agents since then but am going to use the No-Toil since I still have it.

I usually put the air filter in a big ziplock bag, then pour the no-toil oil on the filter and close the bag. Squeeze the oil into the filter and add some if needed. Hands stay clean.

The Oxy Clean works well for cleaning almost any filter oil.

You are right, some fiter oil is like honey, that soap doesn't touch.

I was just saying somethings just don't make sense.

I'm glad everyone has had positive experiences- that's great. And it's unlikely this level of water resistance will be required, but here

is an interesting test.

This is not conclusive proof by any stretch of (even my) imagination.

My 08 has had it since day one. I have 859 hours and over 25 thousand miles on the motor has never been apart and its still going strong. My 07 has 460 hours and its never been touched. I am totally convinced. Let it set up before you put it on and I personally think the rim grease is a no no. I have never put the grease on and I keep the mounting surface spotless and just put the oiled filter on.

I'ts on all my bikes my '10 '11 and '12 have it as well.

Paul,

Can you please re-test with a 40 HP vacuum? dirol.gif

A truly waterproof system would be constructed quite differently. I heard that water injection was a power boost.

I was under the impression this was a dust filter. Like the 4 Wheelers, we Need a snorkel.

Careful what filter you use, No-Toil delamimated the seams on my UNI and another guy had this happen.

P9111188.jpg?t=1315846154

I've read several reports of No-Toil not behaving well with non-NoToil filters. However, it seems to work

great with No-Toil filters.

SnowAvi

Thanks, I will keep an eye on my Twin Air.for de-lamination