Bagstr

No Toil Filter Treatment

I switched to No Toil this last year.  Now I can stop creating a mini toxic waste dump along the side of my house.  It is funny how I dump my gas/oil and piss in the same spot (when I am working in the garage). Nothing grows there and never will. 

7 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

Personally?

I'd discard them. Yup, not green, not financially responsible. But it's a beeyotch to get rid of the BelRay stuff.

Back in the day when I used the conventional oil, I'd clean it with biodiesel.But then there's a problem disposing of the resulting biodieselly mess.

My filters are fairly new. So I may give some diesel a try and take the stuff to my friends auto shop for recycling. It's funny how in the old days we used our old engine oil to keep the weeds down around fences. Glad that "some" of Earths occupants are starting to change their ways! Go Earth!  

11 hours ago, SoCalMule said:

My filters are fairly new. So I may give some diesel a try and take the stuff to my friends auto shop for recycling. It's funny how in the old days we used our old engine oil to keep the weeds down around fences. Glad that "some" of Earths occupants are starting to change their ways! Go Earth!  

Diesel + detergent will likely do the trick!

• Like 1

It's funny how in the old days we used our old engine oil to keep the weeds down around fences. Glad that "some" of Earths occupants are starting to change their ways! Go Earth!  

Well the oil came out of the ground, just putting it back where we found it!  My great grandkids will be able to cash in on the oil well behind the garage.

• Like 1

During this warm summer here in Borrego, I have noted that twice it was necessary for me to wipe up No Toil puddles from under my bike. I'm wondering now if there Is there anything left on my filter...that is the question. I shall report back soon with my findings. 😧

22 minutes ago, SoCalMule said:

During this warm summer here in Borrego, 😧

I'm surprised it's not reached its flashpoint and, well, flashed 💥🔥

Following instruction to squeeze not wring, my filters are somewhat overloaded. That and not waiting overnight to install lead to offloading at the bottom of the airbox. I use electrical contact cleaner to clean up. A few dribbles on the deck help me keep gum off my shoes, a big benefit. 

I am kind of over it.  Still hate accumulated sand on my kick stand. I plan on comparing air box hygiene on our next gathering. 

👨‍🎓

Canola oil and when dirty soak in simple green.  Been doing it for few years. Gets gummy, icky and sticky so have to soak them. Makes me think of a mountain stream with all my greenness.

25 minutes ago, Suspenders said:

Makes me think of a mountain stream with all my greenness.

Doubtlessly ending in the cool, clear Italian waters of the Lago di Como

During this warm summer here in Borrego, I have noted that twice it was necessary for me to wipe up No Toil puddles from under my bike. I'm wondering now if there Is there anything left on my filter...that is the question. I shall report back soon with my findings. 😧

I noticed if you let bike sit for any length of time, the No Toil will settle and be too thin to stop all the dust. Only time I've had the dreaded dust in the boot. It's not tacky enough.  Maxima Fab 1 for me.

14 hours ago, crfxer said:

I noticed if you let bike sit for any length of time, the No Toil will settle and be too thin to stop all the dust. Only time I've had the dreaded dust in the boot. It's not tacky enough.  Maxima Fab 1 for me.

Yep, seems that I will need to re-coat the filter prior to next ride. 

On 9/5/2019 at 8:58 AM, paulmbowers said:

I'm surprised it's not reached its flashpoint and, well, flashed 💥🔥

Bike just poofed! Guess it reached the flash point!!!

On 9/5/2019 at 8:34 AM, SoCalMule said:

Had the same problem. Called No Toil. The guy (owner) explained that if it is dripping off the filter like you describe, too much has been applied. He described how to do it right. Just add a very small amount at a time. Squeeze it to distribute, add more (just a little bit), repeat, repeat, repeat..... Do this until all the foam is covered. Just covered and no more. If you squeeze the filter and it is oozing out between your fingers, that is over oiled. Or..... it could just be because it is 143 degrees in your garage. Mine too.

Canola gets thicker with time.

For the time being and for this conversation, I simply can't say enough about Canola. 

You can also coat the grill when camping!

It comes in spray bottles too!  Buy one, sometimes you get two,   yes two!

Less saturated fat!  Heart healthy!  For those that lick there filters clean.

Yes and believe it or not Canola can help you conceive as it is sperm friendly.  Checked it myself!

Un-stick your zippers. Yes checked it myself. Simply rub the filter on your zipper briskly and Wahlah. Smooth and shiny.

Shall I go on?

Run to the store before the shelves are empty.

23 hours ago, amgems said:

Had the same problem. Called No Toil. The guy (owner) explained that if it is dripping off the filter like you describe, too much has been applied. He described how to do it right. Just add a very small amount at a time. Squeeze it to distribute, add more (just a little bit), repeat, repeat, repeat..... Do this until all the foam is covered. Just covered and no more. If you squeeze the filter and it is oozing out between your fingers, that is over oiled. Or..... it could just be because it is 143 degrees in your garage. Mine too.

Hi Jim! Been thinking of you lately. Hope the move was smooth! I swear that I did not over oil the filter. I agree on the triple digits theory. My best to you and your family! Lets ride AZ soon! 

23 hours ago, Suspenders said:

Canola gets thicker with time.

For the time being and for this conversation, I simply can't say enough about Canola. 

You can also coat the grill when camping!

It comes in spray bottles too!  Buy one, sometimes you get two,   yes two!

Less saturated fat!  Heart healthy!  For those that lick there filters clean.

Yes and believe it or not Canola can help you conceive as it is sperm friendly.  Checked it myself!

Un-stick your zippers. Yes checked it myself. Simply rub the filter on your zipper briskly and Wahlah. Smooth and shiny.

Shall I go on?

Run to the store before the shelves are empty.

Oh my...after reading about zippers and sperm friendly etc. If there was a cartoon ballon over my head right now it would be rated PG-13! Thanks for the advise! Made my day! 

Obviously George, you are speaking to 2 Stroke use.  Is it advisable for 4 Stroke as well? They say " different strokes for different,,,"  Wait, who started this thread?

We need some riding to divert our attention.   :coolio:   Have a beer on me.