Covered in Dust

Your Off Road fees at work

Took the motorhome and the wife out to the dez for a couple of days. Very sad what they have done to the desert that I've been riding for the last 40 years. Talked to a ranger about the 4X4 training ground, asked him why off road fees were used to pay for an area for Jeeps that have street plates and don't pay any off road fees. He said he'd never thought of that. What I was told 40 years ago when the state started collecting off road fees that it was so the state would buy land for off road parks. What a joke, I guess on us.

Covered in Disgust

post-13540-018988200 1362171695_thumb.jp

post-13540-071453400 1362171713_thumb.jp

You're just figuring out now that any promises made by a politician are lies? :angry2:

Welcome aboard.

But I'm happy to see that there's going to be an additional gas tax. Just icing on the cake. Oh, and that 3.6% federal pay tax that went in the beginning of the year, that was nice too.

Oh well, can't afford to go camping any more. Can't afford to fix the bike fast either. Yeah, I know. boohoo. lol.

If you would stop registering your stuff in AZ, CA might have money to put into the areas you ride here in CA.

If you would stop registering your stuff in AZ, CA might have money to put into the areas you ride here in CA.

BaaaZinga!! lol

However in his defense if CA would LET us register the stuff we want to ride instead of the stuff they want us to ride maybe that wouldn't be an issue.

I think the opposite is true, every dollar they get they just use to restrict our riding more.

Chris

Plus I still register most of my off road only vehicles in Ca. It's just the street stuff or bikes that will be a problem that are the biggest hassle and rip off. I also register our daily drivers in Ca.

Edited by Covered in Dust

I think the opposite is true, every dollar they get they just use to restrict our riding more.

Chris

So true.

I was curious what it was "designated" for and and after a quick search, found this....

"The Friends just got their first ever grant and it was from Polaris. This is the Polaris T.R.A.I.L.S. Grant Program there website is: www.polarisindustries.com/ We will have signs at Pole Line. The area east of Pole Line is designated trails only and has been, but people have not been paying attention to the current signs well things are changing. You will only be able to camp within 50ft of a designated trail and ride on designated trails only. The Rangers will be out in force to be warning folks this year so be prepared if you camp where you did last year you will be asked to pack up and move"

So Polaris donates money and they use it to restrict the area their vehicles can be used. Something is wrong with this picture. What am I missing?

agreed... the more off road funds they collect, the more they use to RESTRICT off road riding... the greenies sue them to NOT use the money for more land/trails... they COLLAPSE in the face of confrontation, put it in to some HUGE pot, then the politicians steal from that, and we are left with no funds

as for regisitering in Az... F em... The game is rigged in California

East you pay less, South you pay Nothing plus you get free medical :lol:/>

Have to agree with you Chris. OW has been my main riding area since the 70's. In all fairness to the rangers out there it has become a zoo on holiday weekends. I chalk it up to overpopulation and quads. :wacko:/> They need to do something to control the chaos. It use to be camping in the desert but it is now just camping in an off road park with all the requesite regulations and controls.

As for registering vehicles in Az., I actually have a second home in Page, Az and spend much of the year there. I have a Jeep, four motorcycles, and three boats that stay there all the time so they are registered in Az. The stuff I keep at my home in Escondido is registered in Ca. I don't see the argument against doing this.

A riding buddy of mine said 20 years ago "every dollar we give em is another dollar to hire somebody to tell us no", so true and getting worse.

Uncle C.

Yeah, if they are regulated to go that far, they should have electric motors on the doors cuz handling them in the desert wind is not user friendly. The one at Truckhaven is the same.