dirt dame

A BIG thanks to all who made it happen....

Another great Desert Dash on the books! :party: Thanks to Randy for putting it together again and all the SDAR volunteers for helping it run fairly smooth. Thanks to Butterfield Ranch campground for letting us stage our event, and all the sponsors who contributed any help or food or other goodies for all our event riders. A thanks to our EMT, Chris....who luckily did not have to attend to any serious injuries of any of the participants on either of the two days

It was a great weekend for me, juggling social events on Friday, I missed the volunteer supper while I was in Vista having dinner with my mom at the memory care community, loading up afterwards with Jeff, his bike and camping gear, then driving out to the event where my trailer had been set up since Thursday. The weather was colder than last year. Nights especially, with lows in the 30s. Sunday morning, the outside thermometer read 30 degrees and my bike had ice on the saddle. :o

Saturday was goof-off day for Jeff and me. We rode some of the course, and a lot of stuff that wasn't part of the event route. It was a leisure day for us with no itinerary to follow, no place to be. We came across very few other riders during the course of the day, and enjoyed exploring a few new places, before heading back to camp head on into the wind that had come up. Supper was delicious (if not a tad undercooked), and both Jeff and I fell asleep soon afterwards.

On Sunday, Jeff rode sweep, and I drove our EMT around. I was pleased to see that since I added the signs to the car, the event riders really seemed to take notice and waved or gave us the thumbs up sign as they rode by. Some even stopped for information, either asking us or giving us information about things out on the route. Anyway, making the vehicle visible as an official part of the event turned out to be a very good idea. :good:

So a great weekend overall. Already looking forward to next year!

IMG_0571.jpg

CIMG0919.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

CIMG0923.jpg

IMG_0577-1.jpg

IMG_0578-1.jpg

IMG_0582-1.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

CIMG0970.jpg

The colors really POP from that camera you were using! Nice pics! :party:

The colors really POP from that camera you were using! Nice pics! :party:/>

Thanks. The colors pop from the editing program that I use.

I would like to Thank Nemos Cakes. Made right here in good ol Escondido. They were a great snack after lunch Sunday. I forgot them back at camp last year.

http://www.nemosbakery.com/squares.html

On the donation subject...how was the Monster Schwag? Wrong demographic? Well-received by the group, or meh?

I need to know if I should bother with them next year? The product and stuff was actually provided by Anheuser-Busch who is a distributor of monster. Was the light up cooler a big hit?

On the donation subject...how was the Monster Schwag? Wrong demographic? Well-received by the group, or meh?

I preferred Stomp's Black IPA donation :heh:

Seriously, ANY/ALL donations are appreciated/welcome.....

The monster light, frig, where a hit when they whent on the table to be picked.

I would like to Thank Nemos Cakes. Made right here in good ol Escondido. They were a great snack after lunch Sunday. I forgot them back at camp last year.

http://www.nemosbake...om/squares.html

I need to know if I should bother with them next year? The product and stuff was actually provided by Anheuser-Busch who is a distributor of monster. Was the light up cooler a big hit?

Amen to your comments Dirt Dame. Well put, and nice pics. It was a bitchen ride.