XR650RSMOKEDU

Santo Tomas to San Quintin 8-18-07

Hi guys, Had a great trip to Baja last weekend that a friend of mine planned out. We went to Santo Tomas and rode dow to San Quintin and stay and the newly remodeled Desert Inn (used to be La Pinta). I had more fun then I've had in years with this unusual bunch. I must say that there really are people out there that are just meant to ride and this kid named Anthony is one of them. Pictured with his rental CRF230 he was able to complete the 260+ mile ride with no major issues. :crazy: To all of you who are not sure about bringing along that new guy, sometimes the outcome is surprising! Most of this group had never been to Mexico and everyone was so well prepared thanks to constant emails prior to our trip regarding tools radios gps etc.

***Email me for a map source GPS Route from Santo Tomas to San Quintin and a waypoint file with tons of info + tracks for this route. GPS Stuff is great!

I'm planning to go to this race at superstion on 9-23-07 with district 38 called the rattlesnake chase if anyone want to go there are a few of going and we could link up. I will be camping out from Friday night and the race is Sunday at 7am. heres a link http://www.amad38.com/

Here's 2 other picture I was trying to attach before, one is Anthony picking up the CRF230 ready to carry on and the other is his dad and me in the backgroud setting up the camera for that great group photo. These 2 plus one of thier friends flew to CA from Texas and rented the 3 bike for this ride, Crazy but it worked out ok. one of the bikes, a crf450x had tight valves and we ended up having to push start it using the good old left foot on the muffler trick (I have video to post of that). Also just wanted to say there were a few in the group that weren't in that photo in case you're wondering. Gotta go eat Dinner , I'll check back soon!

post-1720-1188098835_thumb.jpg

post-1720-1188098880_thumb.jpg

post-1720-1188105697_thumb.jpg

post-1720-1188105754_thumb.jpg

post-1720-1188105905_thumb.jpg