I always have pretty good luck finding someone who's riding in the parking lot or early along the route over to Corral.

Today was no dice!

I rode 75 miles and ended up just kinda playing games out there. Take the hard line, only front brake, jump the breaking bumps.... whatever I could come up with. I was pretty board. The conditions were prime and I didn't have anyone to chase around.

I decided to time one of my trips across the Ranger trail. I did it going the easy direction. (Start @ 4) My ODO says It's just under 3 miles across to the fireroad. I made it in 20:32. No crashes, no bike damage, no trail damage. Kept a constant push going but not all crazy dangerous. I did use the trail re-route section about in the middle of the old ranger. I had a good sweat started by the end. I'll have to try it again on a hot day in the middle of summer and see how things turn out! Lol Anyone else ever do the timing thing??? How did I do against the Compo??? Since I didn't crash (there) I'm calling thats a 5 second bonus!

It's cool riding by yourself sometimes but today I was hoping to find someone to share the carcass chucking adventures! It's tough finding someone who enjoys repeated trips up to Bronco Peak.

Anyways, thats my tale for today. Dirt is tacky, few mini puddles, still a bit of snow up toward the top of spur meadow trail and the Pine Valley Fireroad is completely beat up from vehicles mudding when it was wet. Its dry but I'm certain I lost fillings banging across all the hardened ruts.

I'll only be a solo Hermit changer for a bit more then the boss gets home and we go running at mission trails! Wahoooooooo.

Oh, last thing..... Everyone on the planet who owns a Toy Hauler is driving East on the 8 right now. The Des is gonna be a zoo-fest!

That's the rid'n news for the day folks.

Sickness

I would've swore Ranger is 5 miles... funny how a 7 MPH pace can seem pretty fast, huh?

7 mph on that trail is skivvy staining speed Mr! Understand that brother!

I always have pretty good luck finding someone who's riding in the parking lot or early along the route over to Corral.

Today was no dice!

My buddy Paul asked if I knew you....he rode with you a few weeks ago on his Husky 511.

Today was no dice!

My buddy Paul asked if I knew you....he rode with you a few weeks ago on his Husky 511.

Yeah, him and his buddy Chris. Nice guys. Showed ,em around out there. I think they had a good ride.....or did you hear something different???!!! LOL

Yeah, him and his buddy Chris. Nice guys. Showed ,em around out there. I think they had a good ride.....or did you hear something different???!!! LOL

Sounds about right....didn't want to inflate your ego too much.

Sounds like a good time, any clear run is tough as it's not an easy trail.

I did a few runs from fire road on east onto #4 then across connectors then ranger to the west fire road in around 24 minutes, can't find my records so have to do it again soon, turn around and do it again and a great workout.

Dudes you can download Strava on your phones and then post times for various trail segments on their website, we can play king of the mountain.

Dai... When I got to the other side I needed to take a nap! Turning around would have killed me before the first turn!!!

Bill....My phone cost me $9.99... no loading, no pictures. On/off, call/text. End of story. I'm one low tech mofo. Heck I was using an abacus to keep my time while going across. Keep your eye to the sky; next time I'll mail ya using smoke signals!

I did some trail damage on Ranger once - I damaged an LC4 engine. Should have used the kick-stand for a quick turn around!