captcham

KTM 530 RallyFairing Build

Thought some of you might be interested so here is my KTM 530 Rally build up. Got the Fairing, Tower and low fender from Alberto Dottori in Italy. Google for his web site he builds lots of different models for various bikes and was easy to deal with. After having the 2006 KTM 640 Adventure I always liked the fairing idea and have wanted it for years for my 2008 530EXCR, finally got around to getting it and so here it goes.

First step is to weld the two bolts onto the head tube so the Tower can be bolted on.post-2007-083312200 1360198892_thumb.jpg

Next attach the tower to the mounts,post-2007-070218000 1360198933_thumb.jpg

Next mount up the fairing and lots of bending and fine tuning, post-2007-089188000 1360198972_thumb.jpg

The fairing comes rough finished and the tower takes some fitting, etc. Low fender mounts fairly easy some drilling and fitting but not the end of the world.

Test ran it in Death Valley last weekend and really like it. Gas Tank is Acerbis 3.4 gallon, but you can also get the fairing for the 6.6 gallon tank also I just don't like that much weight up front.

Cost was about $900 delivered to San Diego and was about half what the others cost. Still needs paint so I'll be designing a color scheme and painting it soon.

It does require lots of other stuff like redoing the electrical so it stays out of the way etc. And adjusting the steering stops so the bars don't hit the fairing.

I have developed the opinion that this is the best small adventure bike so I justified doing this to that end, I've got over 13K miles on this bike and still love every minute of it.

ORANGE!

You already drank the coolade, just make it official.

I look inside myself and see my heart is black

I see my red door and must have it painted black

Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts

It's not easy facin' up when your whole world is black