TrophyHunter

Geigerrig Hydration / back packs - Sale at Costco

I was starting to look into a larger pack for some (hopefully) upcoming rides & ran into The Rig 1600 at the La Mesa Costco today. Well built, pumper spray/drink function, pocket that fits the Yaesu 170 radio i use...

Several intertnal zipper pockets, compression straps, side pockets and pockets on the waist strap.....

Anyway, there site has them at $145 & I found them on the web for $130. Costco has them for $89. The 1600 is their largest and most of the product line is at Costco, priced accordingly. Traveling display though - There 'til next Sunday.

Not quite the deals Bum and 996Pilot are grabbing up, but ......:coolio:/>/>

Ken,

I know you have travel bags/ saddle bags for your bike. Why would you need to have such a large pack on your back?

Seeing how my camelback is falling apart at the seams, I may swing by Costco en la maƱana and have myself a look. Thanks for the heads up!

Ken,

I know you have travel bags/ saddle bags for your bike. Why would you need to have such a large pack on your back?

Flexibility. I might not want to have the bags on / take time to put them on. Run to the store, Put light stuff on my back, heavy stuff down low.......

Mostly, flexibility. It can be as compact as a "normal" hydration pack with the compression straps and the waist strap is easily removed. It'd even be good for a carry on for flying.....prolly without the bladder since it's over 3 ounces. :)

Kinda like having a DR350 which will go anywhere AND a XR650L.....AND a V-Strom....AND a truck.....AND a Sportsmobile.....or something like that. :king:/>/> :heh:/>/> :wacko:/>/> :party:/>/>

I like the flexibility of this. While I try and carry as little weight as possible on my already overweight body. It's great to have the room

to be able to peal off a jacket and stuff it somewhere. If they have them at my local Costco I'll pick one up

tomorrow.

CiD

Kinda like having a DR350 AND a XR650L.....AND a V-Strom....AND a truck.....AND a Sportsmobile.....or something like that. :king:/>/>/> :heh:/>/>/> :wacko:/>/>/> :party:/>/>/>

Nagging wife deja vu!

I will check them out. I sacrificed my last moose moto back pack for my son so he could look cool at school. What costco, or are they at all of them?

They should be at all of the Costcos. They had them at my local store and I almost bought one a few months back.

Nagging wife deja vu! I know you have travel bags/ saddle bags for your bike. Why would you need to have such a large pack on your back? <---- I know the feeling :). I know it was just a legit question but it was similar to what someone close to me said while I was looking at them. Funny.

What costco, or are they at all of them? Found mine at La Mesa

The best solution I've found is the Ogio Flight Vest and a Camelbak 100oz bladder in the back to replace the standard Ogio 70oz bladder. The real reason I like it so much is how the weight is distributed. I started with a backpack and bladder, but found the Ogio to feel so much better. And you have a million pockets for things.

The best solution I've found is the Ogio Flight Vest and a Camelbak 100oz bladder in the back to replace the standard Ogio 70oz bladder. The real reason I like it so much is how the weight is distributed. I started with a backpack and bladder, but found the Ogio to feel so much better. And you have a million pockets for things.

Agreed. I will have a hard time finding something better(for me). I can carry a lot, but not to much. I also like the way I have my radio and spot2 rigged to it.

Also a good option. I carry most things in my tailbag to keep the wt off on a regular basis so the Ogio would replace that. I'd prefer to keep the wt on the bike if possible. That's what's good about riding in general. Dif bikes, gear, etc to make your experience tailored to you.

In the name of versatility, maybe I will have some d-ring/ buckles attached to the back of my ogio vest so that I could attach an additional sack.

In the name of versatility, maybe I will have some d-ring/ buckles attached to the back of my ogio vest so that I could attach an additional sack.

Or you could just get a trailer hitch.... :)

They will be moving around the county for the next month or so.

I was at the La Mesa store this morning. The Geigerrig rep at the La Mesa Costco said they will be at that store until Sunday. From there her next stop was not in the area. I think she mentioned they were headed to AZ next. My advise is if you're interested get out to the La Mesa store before Sunday. They have the full line on display.

I was at the La Mesa store this morning. The Geigerrig rep at the La Mesa Costco said they will be at that store until Sunday. From there her next stop was not in the area. I think she mentioned they were headed to AZ next. My advise is if you're interested get out to the La Mesa store before Sunday. They have the full line on display.

They are also at the Carmel Mt store.

I called and they looked it up on the computer. They will be in vista in a couple weeks then carlsbad. I found a new blue rig700 on ebay for $50. delivered so I took a shot.

I bought this pack (1600) about 2 year ago and love it! It's comfortable, has useful pockets, big enough for a jacket, but not incredibly bulky. Best pack I've ever owned and showing no signs of wear.

Here's something I added to my Geigerrig pack, but can be added to any pack. Radio holder $7 on ebay. Local shoe repair place sewed it to my pack for another $5. Helps keep the radio high in the pack so it gets better reception. Also easy to access. Works great!

photo1-1_zpsb5aaa3aa.jpg

photo_zps5529af23.jpg

Any updates on this? Anyone seen them since they were at la Mesa?

They are gone out of San Diego. You know Costco, when you see the product with a Road Show you better buy it. I did see some left over inventory at the Carmel Mt store were I work after they left. I will look to see if they still have some on a shelf somewhere.

These guys are back at the mission valley Costco until 2/24. Was in there today drooling over the 700, just didn't like the color (NOTHING I HAVE IS BLUE!)