Sneeker

650Ben - Rest in Peace

Curtis emailed he's "in" as well

Steve - you might want to see if HH can shift us to the patio?......thanks for coordinating with the HH staff

Curtis emailed he's "in" as well

Steve - you might want to see if HH can shift us to the patio?......thanks for coordinating with the HH staff

The more the merrier...I will get the patio room for 15 people for now and we will see how that grows.

There are 2 basic ways thru RSF...The 1st 1 is El Camino Del Norte but a whole bunch of STOP signs once you get on the other side to Encinitas Blvd.

The 2nd route is to turn left on El Montevideo...I use both all the time.

I am going to go ahead and bump it to 20 in the patio just to cover unforseen things. Please keep on RSVP here cuz who knows.

1-Schwinn

2-Erick

3-Crawdaddy

4-KTMrad

5-dsfox

6-Afry

7-Covered in Dust

8-paulmbowers

9-GY6.1911.....+1...Makes 10...

11-SlowDown

12-Curtis

13-Strega

14-SteelRain

15-

16-

17-

18-

19-

20-

I'm out. Have to work. Dangit. Great to see the support from everyone.

Just got back from Hernandez Hideaway...They gave us the whole patio that is on the right and faces the street. Its nice and cozy and no strangers but us folks. Main table down the middle seats 18 and then a few tables that seat 4

Just got back from Hernandez Hideaway...They gave us the whole patio that is on the right and faces the street. Its nice and cozy and no strangers but us folks. Main table down the middle seats 18 and then a few tables that seat 4

Will they be offering a six-course chef's tasting menu with wine pairings as a prix fixe?

Nice work Schwinn!

Nice work Schwinn!

sweet....see you guys sunday

I am in.. And I can help direct traffic if needed...

See you all Sunday... HH 11:30....

Weather on Sunday says RAIN....Depending on how hard or how much rain will say if I ride or drive...

Saturday is going to be just like today.

Pic of Ben and Rex at the end of the last Bar 10 ride. Smiles all around.

P1020334_zpse6d7e311.jpg

CiD

Thanks Chris.. Love it.

I thought I would go through my riding photos and include the best of Ben; all of them were from Bar 10 2011 and 2012. I only rode with him those couple times, but to me he exuded the warmth and love for life that characterize SDAR, and I am thankful for those brief moments.

These three were taken shortly after meeting Ben on Bar 10, 2011.

i-CPMT5Xj-L.jpg

Strega is sharing some of his brew with Ben in this shot.

i-MM2WTKb-L.jpg

That was a beautiful day, well spent.

i-b72m3wB-L.jpg

This was taken while riding back from Bar 10, 2011

i-gT3H58F-L.jpg

Bar 10, 2012

i-fWqpqFQ-L.jpg

-Fabless

Hey Guys, Haven't been on here much lately. Its been a couple of weeks and Its still so strange not seeing Ben around. As Rex and other close friends have testified what a great guy he was to be around I can only add that he was equally loved here at work. In the 10 years I have known Ben I truly cant remember him not having that big smile on his face. Every city employee knew they had a genuine friend in Ben. Not just his work crew, this guy was liked by every one ! Ben lived a few blocks from me and our daughters go to the same school. Whether hanging out together watching our kids in a school function, him stopping by the station to talk about a ride, or having him show up to some flooding call in Leucadia the guy always had a smile on his face. He truly will be missed. My buddies on another engine responded to Bens incident. It was a very emotional event for them as 2 of the guys on that rig had been friends with Ben for a long time. I think its great that a group of you are riding in. Ben would have loved that ! For what its worth right now at 8:30 AM its clearing up here In Encinitas. Im on duty today and will be showing up on our Engine. The gathering is centrally located in the city so Im sure a few engines are coming with the ability to respond to calls. Ben was loved by so many people at work and in his personal work I think this is going to be a large event. Ride safe today !

RIP Brother !!

Eddie

Scratch 1 off the muster. I'll be rollin solo. I should be fuelin up at the shell, west of mall off via rancho around 11:15... Cya @ HH.

I just want to thank everyone that came to Ben's Celebration of Life today. It was great seeing everyone and I heard a lot of appreciative comments from the family regarding the support from the club.

I was sorry to hear about Strega's accident and am glad that he is ok.

Rex

I wished I'd known Ben Better. It was amazing to see many hundreds of people gather today to honor him.....but it was still a heavy day.....and a day of reflection.......

Tragedy at a young age........and even en route to the service....One rider is run of the road.....and another's rear wheel is locked up by an equipment failure on Del Dios Highway (great job keeping control matt!)....sooo glad both riders are OK... could have been so much worse...

All these things remind me, and I think Ben would agree How we should Live each day to the full....don't watch life as a spectator and settle for the "cheap seats"......none of us are guaranteed tomorrow....

Appreciate each day and each person that touches our lives and tell them so.....make a difference, Give much, Love much, Ride Much........The spirit of Dual Sport captures it well...

May Ben's spark live on in us....

The day was beautiful. A great way to spend the day and remember Ben.

The morning started off with a great brunch at Hernandez Hide-Away on Lake Hodges.

BenTaylorRIP001_zpse851f183.jpg

Then the cruise down Del Dios Hwy thru Rancho Sante Fe and into Encinitas. The view from the Encinitas Community Center was great and you can see the ocean in the back drop.

BenTaylorRIP003_zps629c9f8d.jpg

BenTaylorRIP007_zpsc2e2c7d0.jpg

This picture just shows the center section,there was also a left, right, bleachers in the back and us standing in the balcony area with 3 Engine Fire Crews from Encinitas all on duty with engines out front in case they get a call during our ceremony.

BenTaylorRIP009_zps5a595896.jpg

I couldn't eat anymore after the brunch but there was quite a spread in the Banquet Hall.

Bens XR in the Banquet Hall- Notice Bens bike is prepped and ready..New chain, Sprockets and a brand new 2 Brothers Pipe system just dialed in.

BenTaylorRIP013_zps68461a59.jpg

Some of Bens favorite things

BenTaylorRIP012_zps35b03b29.jpg

Farewell to great person and wish I had known him better.

Quote from Ferris Bueller:

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

-----

It was a nice service, the second to last picture of Ben's empty bike with his helmet on the bars said it all.

It was a nice service, the second to last picture of Ben's empty bike with his helmet on the bars said it all.

That picture struck so many of us. The bike was centered in the pic and it was like a lone horse who lost its rider.

That picture struck so many of us. The bike was centered in the pic and it was like a lone horse who lost its rider.

+1 on that... Such a poignant image.