Sneeker

650Ben - Rest in Peace

I know it's a matter of taste, respect and sensibility- but- should we ride to his memorial as a group?

Agreed....

Sucks to see one of the good guys go early.

No news on when and where yet but the family is ok with people showing up on motorcycles. I will let everyone know when and where as soon as I know.

Rex

Thanks Rex. I think we should get an SDAR contingent to ride together, if everyone wants to.

No news on when and where yet but the family is ok with people showing up on motorcycles. I will let everyone know when and where as soon as I know.

Rex

Excellent!

And, just for the record, I'd want the same thing.

Include wheelies, please.

Thanks for checking, Rex.

I was just thinking the same thing....

No news on when and where yet but the family is ok with people showing up on motorcycles.

Rex

Excellent!

Many things make us all different, but this one hobby/passion does unite us all.

Should be an SDAR standard!

The city of Encinitas is holding services for Ben. All are welcome to attend.

City email below:

Date: December 31, 2012, 4:20:39 PM PST

To: civic <civic@encinitasca.gov>

Subject: Memorial Service for Ben Taylor - Sunday, January 6th

Ben’s wife Pam invites his City Family to a memorial service to celebrate and remember his life. The service will take place at 2:00 p.m. this Sunday, January 6, 2013 at the Encinitas Community Center. The service will be held in the gym followed immediately by a gathering in the banquet rooms. A late lunch will be served. Those wishing to say a few words may do so at the gathering following the service.

Encinitas Community Center

Address: 1140 Oakcrest Park Drive, Encinitas, CA 92024

A trust fund is being set up for Ben’s daughters Ashley Taylor and Brooke Williams. Those wishing to donate may do so by check made payable to Pam Taylor.

Pam would like any pictures that people might have of Ben. (She has enough for the service.) If you have any that you would like to share, please forward those digitally to me ltufts@encinitasca.gov, and I’ll make sure to put on CD for Pam.

Lastly, there have been many questions about the cause of Ben’s untimely and tragic passing. We have received confirmation that cause was a massive heart attack, and it was instant.

The family is sincerely appreciative of your heartfelt thoughts and prayers.

Lynne Tufts | Information Technology Manager | City of Encinitas

Thanks for the Update. I will be there. Anyone want to ride up together from San Diego area ?

Sneeker thanks for posting this. I just got the information myself.

I will be driving there with my family but Ben's wife said that she welcomes attendees on motorcycles and is considering having Ben's bike at the service.

Rex

I will also be leaving from from Esco via Del Dios Hwy & RSF.

I will be there on two wheels. Leaving from the Poway area.

I'm planning on attending. Also taking the Del Dios route from S. Escondido.

We saw Pam, Ben's wife, today. She said that she would like everyone that comes on bikes to park at the front of the building by the big concrete barriers. I will be there early and will try to help direct the bike riders. She will also have Ben's bike there.

Thanks all for your support.

Rex

Wouldn't miss it.....

I'll probably take the truck over from Ramona since my only Dual Sport options at present are the CRF230 and 300XCW.

See you all there......fellow "Romanians", give me a holler if you want a lift in the truck....

I really wanted to go but cant. I hope there is a big turn out.

I might make it...bike is down though, so it'll be in a cage.

I am in Escondido at the southwest end off Del Dios Hwy and will be riding my KTM 690 leaving at 1pm ????

Anyone want to meet up at my place or Hernandez Hideaway ( Lake Hodges ) or? PM me or call me...# in Members only.

I will also be using Del Dios Hwy and cutting thru RSF and using Encinitas Blvd west to Balour.

I am in Escondido at the southwest end off Del Dios Hwy and will be riding my KTM 690 leaving at 1pm ????

Anyone want to meet up at my place or Hernandez Hideaway ( Lake Hodges ) or? PM me or call me...# in Members only.

I will also be using Del Dios Hwy and cutting thru RSF and using Encinitas Blvd west to Balour.

Steve I'd like to meet up with you on Sunday. Let's work out where depending on if we get more riders who want to meet up.

Chris

Anyone want to meet up at my place or Hernandez Hideaway ( Lake Hodges )

How bout we meet at Hernandez for brunch/lunch at 11:30.....then head out as a group no later than ~1:30pm (service is at 2)