tntmo

Help Boy Scout Troop build a website

I can rebuild an engine, but have no idea what to do to help our Boy Scout troop build a website. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, and cheap or free would be ideal since we are always begging for money.

Any recommended sites to check out to get me started? I know I could just Google this info, but the SDAR family almost always has the answer and I even respect a few opinions here. Not all of them.....you know who you are! :coolio:

I even respect a few opinions here. Not all of them.....you know who you are! coolio.gif

HEY! mad.gif

I did my son's troop website from scratch way back when you had to hack HTML by hand. It was a LOT of work and after he got Eagle Scout and went off to college I decided my time as an Assistant Scout Leader was up. The site fell into disrepair and with very little new content being put up by my replacement, it really languished for a few years. The current leadership recently moved the site over to MyTroop. Looks much more modern and they claim the administration can be done by someone without any special computer skills.

I did my son's troop website from scratch way back when you had to hack HTML by hand. It was a LOT of work and after he got Eagle Scout and went off to college I decided my time as an Assistant Scout Leader was up. The site fell into disrepair and with very little new content being put up by my replacement, it really languished for a few years. The current leadership recently moved the site over to MyTroop. Looks much more modern and they claim the administration can be done by someone without any special computer skills.

Cool, we will check that out. My son is almost to Eagle Scout and I don't know as if I am one of those Scout Leaders who will stick around when my son is gone.