KTMrad

Next SDAR Trail Maintenance at Corral Canyon

Alan (mctrails), a few others and I will be meeting at the Bobcat Meadows (upper) campground at 9am on Saturday December 15th to do some trail work.

From the 4 Corners Trailhead at Corral Canyon, turn left on the paved road and head south about 3/4 mile to the Bobcat Meadows Campground on the left.

Bring Loppers, brush trimming tools, or small saw you can use to help trim brush. Bring water for yourself. We will work on a couple different trails. We usually work 2 to 4 hours, then have a refreshment and ride some.

Let's get some more volunteer hours in before the end of the year.

Alan and Brad (mctrails & Spaugh), thanks for organizing this.

I'll make sure to bring some cold Sierra Nevadas....so I don't have to drink Brad's beer :unsure::lol:

I was hoping to participate, but will have to try to get on the next one. Want to play with the KDX a little before it goes down the road.

Sounds good, I will email Richard today to see if we can get 10 flagged before then.

I hate to rain on your parade but I don't see that happening before next week. My experience i that it has to be flagged, then they (Forest Service) get the 'ologists to approve the route and get supervisors to approve before we can start cutting. Maybe we can get some folks out there to explore some possible routes and do some flagging on the 15th or 16th.

Sounds good, I will email Richard today to see if we can get 10 flagged before then.

I hate to rain on your parade but I don't see that happening before next week. My experience i that it has to be flagged, then they (Forest Service) get the 'ologists to approve the route and get supervisors to approve before we can start cutting. Maybe we can get some folks out there to explore some possible routes and do some flagging on the 15th or 16th.

It's already been approved, listed on the map, and it's in Richards gps. I think all we need to do is re-flag. I could be wrong.

This is the approved route map that FS is using.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_MEDIA/stelprdb5276720.pdf

Ether way I'll be out there to help and meet you guys on the 15th.

I might be able to make this but I don't have any (lawn maintenance) tools. Anyone bringing extra loppers and such?

For the reroute on Ranger, I haven't seen it, but seems it's an uphill section....maybe it needs to be a switchback so it won't get so rutted out ??

The reroute just needs some rocks moved so people dont freak out and stop half way or it will end up like the section it bypassed.

I was going to buy a little 2T hedge trimmer and they arent CA legal. Wtf?

Is it supposed to rain Saturday??

It may cancel if it's raining...Alan, Brad....whatchou think ?

take cover and drink beer if its raining ? should be safe to have a big fire and pitch an easyup/tarp if riding and pruning is a bust. Looks like AM rain only. I'm open either way.

I'm in, rain, snow or shine! It's my day to ride or ??? this week so I'm not missing it.

I'm in, rain, snow or shine! It's my day to ride or ??? this week so I'm not missing it.

bring extra firewood, beer, and an easy up and tarps. see you there.

I will have to bail on this one...sorry guys. I have too much going on at the house here, with Alex and Candice staying here (the round the world travelers), and also my roomates 2 twin daughters are coming into town, so I have a lot of stuff to do.

If anyone wants to borrow my Loppers tool, feel free to stop by and get it. PM me if interested.

Thanks....

Guest Crusty

It's still rainin up here.

It will probably be a big mess at corral

I plan to ride McKaine Valley Sunday, to limit the impact to the more H20 sensitive trails at Corral Canyon.

Looks like I'm out for this one. Flu-like aches and pains have had me down since Wednesday. <_<

So.....did anybody manage to get out there and do any trail work today?

I talked to Alan in the morning and it had been raining all night so we cancelled. But I'm planning on going out this Sat the 22nd and riding and trimming a little.