Spaugh

Shooting Guns, litter

Went to the desert this weekend. There were a bunch of military guys in one group (not SDAR) that were shooting guns. They packed it up and left ALL of their spent shells and trash there.

This is NOT cool. I like to target shoot too. Pack it in, pack it out. Its simple and it doesn't give the environmentalist any ammo to close down public land with.

Think about it next time you go target shooting on public land.

Thanks!

^^more likely young and dumb and not even thinking about it.

I've also seen a lot of trash at Corral Canyon on the trails. Its always fast food bags and beer cans left on the jeep trails. Again, NOT cool. Not saying its anyone on SDAR at all. Just food for thought. Pass it on.

Thanks!

about all we can do is carry a couple of trash bags. I go shooting every so often up in Hemet, at Bee Canyon. That place is always being work partied by a group of CalGuns forum members. They do a great job, fill up dumpsters - and two months later, it's the same all over again.

Pretty disgusting and demoralizing. Been that way for as long as I can remember though.

The government is noticing the problems too. It is giving the Forest Service an excuse for searching vehicles leaving the Nation Forest in Arizona. Maybe coming to a Forest near you. Check this out Forest Service check point

Living out here for 30 years I have watched several attempts to let people police them selfs. Fails every time. Bear Valley was a shooting area. Used to shoot there. Placed my home made plywood targets and 8 X 10 tarp. Shot the brass and shot guns. When done I picked it all up went home. People started bringing TV's and trash even some cars shooting them full of holes and leaving them. Forestry shut it down and cleaned it up. Same thing Kitchen Creek and several places along the border. People are pigs. Even as a teen I policed the shells to reload.

Pack it in, pack it out. What the hell is so hard about that? :torch:

We rode from Superstition to Painted Gorge this weekend. Wow, that place has become really bad with trash from shooters. It was the first visit for one of the guys in the group, and he asked if it was a landfill. Terrible.

I use a tarp also when I shoot, picking up all the 22 shells was getting tedious so the tarp makes life much easier. I freeze water balloons for reactive targets, peel the balloon off them before shooting and the ice shatters and melts with no leftover mess.

We rode from Superstition to Painted Gorge this weekend. Wow, that place has become really bad with trash from shooters. It was the first visit for one of the guys in the group, and he asked if it was a landfill. Terrible.

I use a tarp also when I shoot, picking up all the 22 shells was getting tedious so the tarp makes life much easier. I freeze water balloons for reactive targets, peel the balloon off them before shooting and the ice shatters and melts with no leftover mess.

picking up 22 shells is tedious. SDAR folks restore my faith in humanity. Thanks!

Bear Valley was a shooting area. Used to shoot there. People started bringing TV's and trash even some cars shooting them full of holes and leaving them. Forestry shut it down and cleaned it up. Same thing Kitchen Creek and several places along the border. People are pigs. Even as a teen I policed the shells to reload.

I remember that from the 80s. All the way out Bear Valley road, the edges of the trail were strewn with broken glass, shot out cans and TV sets, and spent shells and casings. It was the ugliest stretch of road hat I ever saw out that way. :angry2: