Sign in to follow this  
RobATK94

Friday 11/16. anyone in north county want to ride?

anyone interested in riding somewhere in north county? I just started exploring the north county area, so you guys are probably more familiar with whats out there than i am. Or try and find some new routes.

otherwise plan B, is anyone riding anywhere friday? I can truck the bike out to corral canyon or someplace nearby, or carpool down south.

Forecast says Drizzle or maybe rain??? May be better to keep the dust down and better traction offroad.

well as long as the weather is decent im good. i can handle 1pm if everyone else can. any ideas on a good afternoon/evening route?

Guest Crusty

I am in North C. can ride Friday at 1:PM

What's the plan?

Craig.

Ramona/Santa Ysabel Loop... Or how bout a Lost Valley->Puerta La Cruz->Cienega TT->Anza for refuel/grub/brew. Then maybe hit Palomar Divide on the way back... Any thoughts? Im game for whatever.

For those who dont have updated maps, I guess 9S05 (Indian Flats Road) is now labeled as lost creek or lost valley, then turns into Puerta La Cruz TT, or stay on Lost Valley on to Chijuajua Valley, then east to Cienga. Different maps show up different names. My hunting topos from CNF don't match updated google maps. On the new maps 9S05 is non existent.

Guest Crusty

For those who dont have updated maps, I guess 9S05 (Indian Flats Road) is now labeled as lost creek or lost valley, then turns into Puerta La Cruz TT, or stay on Lost Valley on to Chijuajua Valley, then east to Cienga. Different maps show up different names. My hunting topos from CNF don't match updated google maps. On the new maps 9S05 is non existent.

How about a time and place, to meet for this ride

Thank's Craig.

Friday is completely open for me. Earlier the better, but Ill roll with everyone elses availability.

33509 valley center rd, Valley Center, CA

29200 County Highway S6, Valley Center, CA

4730 California 76, Fallbrook, CA

Or somewhere in Ramona depending on Route choice and meet up time; Cheers, Packards, ect...

i can be at the fallbrook location at 1-130. seems like a good central location everyone should be familiar with. the gas station just before the 15. than we could go from there. so we can go north or south from there. im not familiar enough with the area to know what ties into what trail, and where it comes out at. so any fun routes you guys have i am down for.

on a side note, what maps have these north county trails on them? right now i just have my trucks GPS strapped to the bike, which is only a road map that moves. my handheld GPS is 10 years old, and shows only major interstates, and the old seriel cable to the unit does not work with most computers built in the last 5 years. so as a back up and just for general knowledge i would like to have a map handy. that and 6 years with marine grunts has made me much more comfortable with maps and compasses.

BLM Maps. Best purchased online or BLM field offices. Or National Forest Maps. We have the Cleveland NF.

BLM maps are the best way to find public land for shooting locations within your chosen area as well.

You guys choose a starting time and location and I'll try to make it. Starting in Fallbrook would be closest for me though and I'd be more likely to make it then.

ok i think we are all ok with 1pm friday. meet up at the gas station where the 76 and the 15 meet. i think its a cheveron. as far as route, any ideas? i dont know how late everyone wants to be out, doesnt really bother me. GY6.1911 seems to know the area pretty well. anyone else have any suggestions or know of some good riding in the area?

is the santa ysabel loop doable in a decent amount of time? how about the deluz to teneja truck trail?

I guess Fri @ 1 it is, 4730 California 76. Map says its a Mobil, but I could be wrong. Next, picking a route...

Guest Crusty

I am out.mellow.gif

My wife just text me, don't forget about the cast party

in Huntington Beach tonight.

Leaving at 6:00 pm open bar.

I guess I will celebrate the Honda win!!!drinks.gif

I hope you all have a great ride.

Craig.

Not going to make it as well. Last day with decent water conditions untill maybe tues or weds and Im a little low on bugs & crabs. Gotta be ready for turkey day. If anyone wants to join & hit the water I have all the extra essential dive gear neccessary...

well i guess if those that were for sures are backing out, i wont head out either. maybe another time. it does seem like there are plenty of north county guys with flexible schedules and lots of interest. so next time someone wants to head out let me know. always itching to ride.

GY6.1911 did you ever get that bolt off?

well i guess if those that were for sures are backing out, i wont head out either. maybe another time. it does seem like there are plenty of north county guys with flexible schedules and lots of interest. so next time someone wants to head out let me know. always itching to ride.

GY6.1911 did you ever get that bolt off?

Rob I have an appointment today at 3 otherwise I was thinking of joining you. If you'd like to ride over to north Escondido you could come by my house

and talk about our ATK's. My 97 605 is going to get a little work to get her in shape for some long rides soon.

Covered in Dust