Sunday 11-18 9AM at 4 Corners

This Sunday the 4wd crowd should finish the last of the 5 new trails at Corral Canyon. With a lot of our riding areas being shut down it's pretty cool that we get a chance to open new ones.

Bo Neece will bring tools and water, donuts and lunch will be provided by our friends at ORW.

Ken

All of the new trails are completed and open for use. I've been talking with some of the volunteers that helped build these trails about the names and most people liked:

"911A" Peacemaker

"911B" Scout

"911C" Diamondback

"911D" Winchester

"912" Ranger

Here is a link to a map that shows which trail is a,b,c,d

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_MEDIA/stelprdb5276720.pdf

My question for you guys is: What is the name of trail 10 or 910 on the above map? It's a short MC trail that goes between trails 1 and 9

not sure 10 still exists?

nice job on 911C, that trail is a blast on an MC.

nice job on 911C, that trail is a blast on an MC.

I have not seen any evidence of trail 10 either

also- the rocky trail that parallels 1 and meets up again @ trail 2 seems to be missing

I rode some of the 911 trails with crfxer last week, and those trails ARE a blast. Not single track, but some steep ups and downs, with plenty of big rocks... lots of fun

Yeah, I think it was there at one time but has since grown over. I've talked to a few of the recent OHV managers at Corral about opening it back up. They have gone back and forth about reopening it. Currently it is on the new approved map so that is good for us. Basically we need to work with Richard Tull to survey a new route, mark it with ribbon and get it blessed by the FS then we can cut it in. I was hoping to make it a "Project" we can tackle one of these days.

briana, jbw, and me went out there today and rode the full length of the new ST 4->912A->912, then rode the 911C and back the entire length of 912 again and then 3/1/8/9/and up 7. The new trails are looking awesome. There were other people out on the single track today, now that it is marked people are using it. Looked like a few of them were in over their heads but were OK. Great ride, the 911 / 912 trails are in great shape and being used. Thanks NFS for the privilege!

by the way, the bypass that bill and co made around the nasty hill is looking about the same as the nasty hill now. There is a big G-out down and then a steep climb up and its full of rocks and people are spinning their wheel on the steep hill.

May need to reroute the reroute.

Sorry for combining MC and jeep trail info here. I'll start another thread for trail work on MC trails soon.

I was about to email Richard to set up a date to reflag 10, but it would be nice to have better bike riders than me along. Who normally works with USFS here? When do you guys want to get this going?

post-15013-081523500 1353959730_thumb.jp

I was about to email Richard to set up a date to reflag 10, but it would be nice to have better bike riders than me along. Who normally works with USFS here? When do you guys want to get this going?

post-15013-081523500 1353959730_thumb.jp

I'm up to reflag trail 10.

Interesting that the new map doesn't show the trail 912 connection from 5/905 to ranger, that's a great piece.

I was at cc a couple of weeks ago and happened to meet ranger tull and his assistants at 4 corners and had a nice chat with them, rode most of the fun trails and in great condition (ranger again needs some brush work) then went down kernan where they were working and wow what a difference, probably safer but also faster and so many jumps, fun but rather ride the single track trails.

sounds like they will be talking about this on Tuesday at the meeting, so we'll wait and see.

This isn't an official map it's just one we used to submit the new names for approval

Anyone have any of the new Corral Canyon Maps they can bring to the meeting tonight ?