Goofy Footer

Jamul MX and Marty Smith MX Closed?

Hey guys, I read online that the Marty Smith MX Park is now closed? Anybody have any info?

Also, has anybody stopped by the Jamul Vintage MX track lately? Last I heard it might be closing?

Any info would be Greatly appreciated! Thanks!

From Marty's site:

"Update as of Aug. 27, 2012 at 3:03 pm: Please check back here for any updated information that might be posted during the week since Marty is trying to see if he could possibly open again this coming weekend or soon and will post here and on his facebook if he can.

Here is an update from Marty in his own words on Aug. 23, 2012 about his 6-week young MX track in San Diego’s East County:

“As some of you so. cal riders already knew from previous conversations with me that there have been some internal financial problems with the property where the Marty Smith MX Track currently sits. As of yesterday the bank has stepped in and made some mandatory internal changes on all the property involved. The good news is the Marty Smith MX Track was allowed to stay up and running. The bad news is under the strict financial guidelines required by the bank now in place, it is with great sadness that this weekends Saturday and Sunday practice will be the final 2 days until I can restructure and reorganize the financial mess we have been dealt. I cannot thank all of the riders who have been out and supported the Marty Smith MX Track to this point. I will keep you all up to date on things as they develop. My intentions are as I said to restructure the original financial plan that is currently in place and reopen as soon as possible at this same location with a much more realistic plan, Marty”.

Czech - 1

PastaPilot - 0

Just wait till next season!

Thank you for the info guys. The scorecard is duly noted haha. I hope Marty Smith's place gets back on track. I'm staring to think MX tracks are (unfortunately) bad investments...

Looks like I'll have to ride by Jamul MX to see if caretaker John is still there working it.