Goofy Footer

Halloween Hangover nOOb Ride

In!

Excellent! TW200 race battle?

Btw whats your jetting and fuel screw setting on the TW if you know? Mine is being a little PITA lately ha.

In!

Excellent! TW200 race battle?

Btw whats your jetting and fuel screw setting on the TW if you know? Mine is being a little PITA lately ha.

Sorry, no TW 200 race battle this time. :) I'll be riding my 800 GS

I believe the jetting is still stock, not sure what the screw setting is but it runs perfect!

If I wore dirt bike gear as a costume... And I wear dirt bike gear..does that count?

On another note is anyone bringing a radio?

I have a Midland radio I can bring for FRS/GMRS comms.

And yes GF, the beer at Alpine was sublime and definitely deserving of a return.

On another note is anyone bringing a radio?

Just picked up the red head for Sunday's dance - I may ride the slow group and being a virgin I should be gentle with her ....for now.

I will have a radio.

That 510 doesn't look like a slow-group bike. It looks faster in the dirt than a 950SE.

Count me in. 2 up on a Tenere.

All the roads are definitely do-able 2 up. Plus if you enjoy too much beer at the brewery, you have a designated return trip rider on board! See you tomo

:huh: bummer, I want to go....

I went to the doctor yesterday, had another x-ray. I asked the Doc... So you think I can ride by Nov 4? after a slight chuckle, came the word... No :mellow:

Collar bone update... still separated, but getting closer... waiting another 3 weeks, then another x-ray, and we'll see again.

Left x-ray done 10/22

right x-ray done 10/8

I may show up for coffee in Ramona to say Hi ....

Heal up girl! Been there, done that numerous times and ...well, it just sucks. Hang in there!

1351968173[/url]' post='136641']

That 510 doesn't look like a slow-group bike. It looks faster in the dirt than a 950SE.

Yeah, just did the power up desmog and put some easy miles on her she is ready to go!

I'll be riding there from Solana beach on my DL650. Not super new to motorcycling but new to handling this size of bike on the dirt (apart from quick surf checks at torrey pines gliderport!). Looking forward to meeting some other dual sport folks. I ride every day all over SD and it seems like all I see are sport bikes and cruisers.

I'll be riding there from Solana beach on my DL650. Not super new to motorcycling but new to handling this size of bike on the dirt (apart from quick surf checks at torrey pines gliderport!). Looking forward to meeting some other dual sport folks. I ride every day all over SD and it seems like all I see are sport bikes and cruisers.

Some of those ruts at the gliderport are no joke. Don't discredit that (I've been known to mess around there time to time ha). Black Canyon at the beginning of the ride can be a little skatey or loose but just ease on the throttle/brake and ride Your pace. See you tomorrow!

Some of those ruts at the gliderport are no joke. Don't discredit that (I've been known to mess around there time to time ha). Black Canyon at the beginning of the ride can be a little skatey or loose but just ease on the throttle/brake and ride Your pace. See you tomorrow!

Sweet! Really looking forward to it. And now that you mention the ruts...those and the occasional small but deep pockets of loose sand really got my attention the first time out there messing around on the strom (great, easily accessed place to check out a new bike on dirt). Thankfully I remembered to stay on the throttle.

Looks like I'm in for the ride. Haven't decided yet whether to ride the KLR or make this the maiden outing on the DR350.

I'll be coming from Fallbrook if anyone wants to meet up at the 15/76 park and ride for the trip up to Ramona.

Steve

Count me in. 2 up on a Tenere.

Cari- Cool. I will be 2 up as well. You will get to meet Maggie.

Hey Jonathan! Glad you are coming.

Looks like I'm in for the ride. Haven't decided yet whether to ride the KLR or make this the maiden outing on the DR350.

I'll be coming from Fallbrook if anyone wants to meet up at the 15/76 park and ride for the trip up to Ramona.

Steve

DR350, then my wife will want you to join her DR350 club!

I like to join the slow group. I will bring a crf230l. I am a complete noob.

Phil

Perfect! This will be a good ride for you!

Remember: Ride Your Ride - this is an SDAR motto and I encourage everybody to ride at their pace and their comfort level. In the Casual group, I will wait at all intersections for everybody to regroup. There are bail out options if you want them. Ride at your pace, your ability level and comfort level. There will be no superheros in the Casual group, just everybody having a good time together.

Depending on the number of people who show up, we might break into 3 groups. A Fast Group and possible 2 Casual Groups. KTMrad has stepped up and said he can lead a group and Hodnetjj is comfortable sweeping. tntmo (who came up with the idea for this ride) and I will be leading/sweeping a Casual group. Anybody else looking to (possibly) help lead another Casual group?

Random question.... anybody have an extra bike for bboyle9 to ride? His bike got stolen a while back and I promised him I'd have my TW200 up and running for him but I've been having big troubles getting the bike jetted properly and it will not be ready. He's just looking to cruise with the Casual group and not push the pace. If you might have an option, post up or PM me.

It'd be greatly appreciated and we'll buy you beer or lunch at Alpine! Something not fancy would be preferred. Any ol bike would be great!

Steve

What time at intersection??

Figuring about 45 minutes (probably a little less) from the 15/76 park and ride to Packards,

we could plan to depart the park and ride at 7:45.

I'm going to bring the KLR (blue 2009). Other than a quick spin in the parking lot when I

bought the DR350, I haven't had a chance to carefully check it over or pick up spare tubes or

assemble a tool kit for it. I'll prep it a little better before taking it out on an upcoming

ride.

:huh: bummer, I want to go....

I went to the doctor yesterday, had another x-ray. I asked the Doc... So you think I can ride by Nov 4? after a slight chuckle, came the word... No :mellow:

Collar bone update... still separated, but getting closer... waiting another 3 weeks, then another x-ray, and we'll see again.

Left x-ray done 10/22

right x-ray done 10/8

I may show up for coffee in Ramona to say Hi ....

Heal up girl! Been there, done that numerous times and ...well, it just sucks. Hang in there!

Hey, Thanks :) I'll be there for coffee ;)

Well the 950se is over at Justin's getting some sweet new Nomadic racks so it looks like I will have to ride my new mystery bike that just joined the stable......it's red...ohmy.gif

Yea, Husky 510 you let the cat outta the bag! You buy and sell bikes like a lifelong Realtor!

Points for anybody who brings Halloween candy!

Double Extra Points for riding in a costume!!

(shwinn's tutu doesn't count as a costume, thats his normal Saturday outfit)

Ahhahahahaha :lol: Gotta see the tutu ;)

Random question.... anybody have an extra bike for bboyle9 to ride?

It'd be greatly appreciated and we'll buy you beer or lunch at Alpine! Something not fancy would be preferred. Any ol bike would be great!

NX250!!!

Random question.... anybody have an extra bike for bboyle9 to ride?

NX250!!!

Trust me I offered! He's afraid of the sumo tires!

NX250!!!

Trust me I offered! He's afraid of the sumo tires!

You can ride it, let him ride your DRZ.