robertaccio

Husqvarna TR650 Terra 650

http://www.enduro360.com/2012/10/09/featured/first-look-husqvarna-tr650-terra/

Looked them over at the event but missed the timing to ride one (too much track fun). Looks like a great value minded Euro styled do alot DS/commuter/around town machine.

I can all ready see the mod parts being built. They used alot of simple manufacturing to keep costs down (you can see the steel plate brake pedal for example). The engine is the Rotax licensed 650cc single as used in the BMW G650 but with a HP boost.

looks just like my old 650GS with a bit of the fat trimmed off. Looks much more dirt capable than the dakar or new sertao.

I can all ready see the mod parts being built.

No doubt an aftermarket dream - I'd be looking for a skid plate before I left the dealer....

You can see price considerations everywhere on that bike...hubs, axles, levers

But you can't fault that engine...I'd buy one

Are they out yet ? I got a glimpse of a similar bike in San Marcos this morning. It had red super moto wheels-- I thought it may have been an electric bike . This one almost looks the same--very sharp.

Looks good, but as stated cost savings are evident everywhere. Sadly this has almost everything that Dakar / Sertao owners have been asking for years. Hopefully this won't stop BMW from updating the Sertao to a modern tubular frame, single exhaust, extended fuel volume w/front USD and rear fully adjustable suspension. Still loving my Dakar's and they are easy loaners for friends/family. 30-60k on each and zero problems on the bombproof Rotax.

FYI there are 2 models on the same platform the TR650 Terra and Strada. Terra is more offroad oriented and the Strada is more street oriented.

JP Motorcycles has the TR650 Terra in stock and as a demo. They will have the street version next month.

New 2013 Husqvarna TR650 Terra

KLR buyers, G650GS buyers, DR and XR folks, you gotta' check out the new Red Head, the new 2013 TR650 Terra, and only $6,999! Practicality meets passion with Husqvarna s all-new TR650 Terra. The seven-day-a-week motorcycle is capable of being both urban commuter and weekend trekker. The dirt-road Terra features a 652cc single-cylinder DOHC motor based on BMW s venerable G 650 GS engine. A modified EFI system, redesigned cams, higher compression and revised piston and cylinder head increase the power output, allowing the TR650 to boast 58 horsepower while still offering excellent fuel capacity of over 55 mpg.. Special Features 652cc four-stroke single-cylinder engine based on the BMW G 650 GS motor, but much smoother and more powerful Smooth high-revving, responsive power with 58 horsepower. Five-speed gearbox with mechanical clutch. Excellent fuel efficiency, estimated at over 55 mpg. Dirt-oriented Terra equipped with spoke-wheels (21 front/18 rear). Options and accessories (heated grips, low seat, soft bags, etc.) available. Displacement: 652cc, Output: 58 hp Transmission: 5 speed Front Suspension: Sachs 46mm USD fork, 7.5 in. travel Rear Suspension: Sachs single shock, 7.5 in. travel Fuel Capacity: 3.57 gallons Seat Height: 34.4 in. Curb Weight: 407.8 lbs.

Mileage: new

Stock #: HU003479 6999

What are the chances that the motor will be bomb proof like the GS 650 engine? Made by the same company.