X-country-Rider

Free Obama Phone

My IQ just dropped thirty points watching that.

And that's not something I can afford to lose. I think I'm in negative space now.

X-Country

Although it is good to see guys emerge from their intellectual bubble, it usually is sad to watch in public. I would "like" to meet the intellectual giant with the camera and encouraging voice, egging on the lady. I am certain his agenda is to bring us all together as "One Nation Under God". As we watch with self satisfied grins, let us also ask how we bring our country together to face our real challenges once we have effectively demonized and de-humanized our opponents?

Randy,,,,I mean Randy! Please place these waste products in a hole somewhere that is harder to notice. It is embarrassing to the club.

dirol.gif

X-Country

Although it is good to see guys emerge from their intellectual bubble, it usually is sad to watch in public. I would "like" to meet the intellectual giant with the camera and encouraging voice, egging on the lady. I am certain his agenda is to bring us all together as "One Nation Under God". As we watch with self satisfied grins, let us also ask how we bring our country together to face our real challenges once we have effectively demonized and de-humanized our opponents?

Randy,,,,I mean Randy! Please place these waste products in a hole somewhere that is harder to notice. It is embarrassing to the club.

dirol.gif

Well said Bags.

It seems like more of an embarrassment to America, to me.

Oh, and while we are busy sweeping things under the carpet, we can just put this video in the "Boob thread" and then delete that whole thread, since it is an embarrassment to our club that we should glorify the exploitation of womens bodies. Maybe to be fair, we should just remove the general forum. Nobody wants to see reports of car trips, or pictures of peoples pets, right? The forum can just be about bikes, so theat nobody's sensibilities are ruffled. And it will be fair and just for all across the board. Just sayin'.... :coolio:

It seems like more of an embarrassment to America, to me.

Oh, and while we are busy sweeping things under the carpet, we can just put this video in the "Boob thread" and then delete that whole thread, since it is an embarrassment to our club that we should glorify the exploitation of womens bodies. Maybe to be fair, we should just remove the general forum. Nobody wants to see reports of car trips, or pictures of peoples pets, right? The forum can just be about bikes, so theat nobody's sensibilities are ruffled. And it will be fair and just for all across the board. Just sayin'.... :coolio:

There is nothing wrong with putting this content into its own section so it does not POLLUTE the board. With your new found freedom of speech views, I would expect to not here you complain about things that bother you in the future.

There is nothing wrong with putting this content into its own section so it does not POLLUTE the board. With your new found freedom of speech views, I would expect to not here you complain about things that bother you in the future.

And why would you expect that you wouldn't "here" me complain about things that bother me? What makes you think that my views on freedom of speech are new? What section does this belong in, if not open discussion? Thank you for your time and concern in these pressing matters.

I find it interesting how people from all walks of life view the up-coming election. While this interviewer is not going to win any awards with the piece, I think he did capture the woman’s true feelings about the election. While I do feel it is embarrassing, not to the club, but like DD, to America.

I find it sad that supporters are out there beating the brush rounding up votes for their candidate, not by what they can do for the country, but by promising them "free stuff". (the fact that it is actually working well, is very embarrassing [and scary] to me personally)

I am guessing that if I were politically in-line with the interviewee, I would find this video reprehensible and embarrassing.

:blush:

I find it interesting how people from all walks of life view the up-coming election. While this interviewer is not going to win any awards with the piece, I think he did capture the woman’s true feelings about the election. While I do feel it is embarrassing, not to the club, but like DD, to America.

I find it sad that supporters are out there beating the brush rounding up votes for their candidate, not by what they can do for the country, but by promising them "free stuff". (the fact that it is actually working well, is very embarrassing [and scary] to me personally)

I am guessing that if I were politically in-line with the interviewee, I would find this video reprehensible and embarrassing.

Politicians have been buying votes in this country for over two hundred years. At one time they would buy you a drink if you would vote for the right person. They used to offer the reward of jobs in the public sector for the right vote. (that is why we have civil service rules now.) So now we offer "free" things for votes. Weather it is free housing or food stamps or free phones.

Politicians have been buying votes in this country for over two hundred years. At one time they would buy you a drink if you would vote for the right person. They used to offer the reward of jobs in the public sector for the right vote. (that is why we have civil service rules now.) So now we offer "free" things for votes. Weather it is free housing or food stamps or free phones.

Corrected DEMOCRAT Politicians have been buying votes in this country.... It all started with Andrew Jackson..

this is no slam on anybody here...

I'm glad the political drama didn't start on SDAR until recently... facebook has been pissing me off for months

and this has NOTHING to do with apathy for our politicians; rather, it has to do with people blind devotion to one party or the other, and believing everything they read as long as it reinforces their current views

I expect, if anybody knew the truth about 99 percent of the national politics and politicians, they would write in candidates.

and this has NOTHING to do with apathy for our politicians; rather, it has to do with people blind devotion to one party or the other, and believing everything they read as long as it reinforces their current views

I expect, if anybody knew the truth about 99 percent of the national politics and politicians, they would write in candidates.

It is never just that simple, at least not for me.

The rest of the story is that she may have in fact gotten a discounted phone paid in part by the government, but not by Obama. The Lifeline program provides phone service for the very poor, the thought being that being without one makes it harder to get a job. The program started in 1985 (during Reagan's term)to provide land lines to low income individuals. It has now ballooned to a 1.7 billion dollar cost. She may be an idiot or as Romney would say she didn't "speak as elegantly" as she could have. But Obama is not promising phones for anyone. You can certainly argue that the program is out of control but as for her being a representative of the left, you will find idiots on both sides along with various inelegant speakers.

The rest of the story is that she may have in fact gotten a discounted phone paid in part by the government, but not by Obama. The Lifeline program provides phone service for the very poor, the thought being that being without one makes it harder to get a job. The program started in 1985 (during Reagan's term)to provide land lines to low income individuals. It has now ballooned to a 1.7 billion dollar cost. She may be an idiot or as Romney would say she didn't "speak as elegantly" as she could have. But Obama is not promising phones for anyone. You can certainly argue that the program is out of control but as for her being a representative of the left, you will find idiots on both sides along with various inelegant speakers.

Nice try she got her phone from Obama not Reagan lol and she knows it.