Goofy Footer

STOLEN BIKE - Need Help - DR650

STOLEN BIKE - NEED HELP - DR650

bboyle9's DR650 was stolen within the last 24 hours from the carport at his house in North Park! He JUST installed new plastics ($300) on it this week and hasn't had one dirt ride since he put $400 into his suspension earlier this month! His license plate got snapped off and he just got his new one today - he went to install his new plate and the bike was GONE!

Here is a picture of the bike taken 3 days ago.

post-14322-015446600 1348880966_thumb.jp

UNIQUE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE BIKE

1999 DR650

No License Plate

Brand New Black Plastics

Black Supermoto Fender

Yellow Fork Guards

Black IMS 5 Gallon Tank

Black Acerbis Bark Busters

Black Moose Racing Shift Perch/Lever

Tall ATV Bars

"Deathwing" front tire

Shinko 705 rear

16t front sprocket

Blue/Black stock seat

Case Guards

Skidplate

China Oversized Pegs

Aftermarket Oil Filter Cover

No Rear Tail lights

Please help us scour Craigslist for a possible sale of the bike or parts. With the high traffic of "alley pickers" along his street I fear the bike is in the back of a van headed across the border. He was supposed to ride with us on the nOOb ride and supposed to go with me to Mojave soon. I was there when he bought this bike, hell I even rode it home for him! Hell, he even let my dumb ass ride his bike all the way to Denver so I could celebrate his best friend's bachelor party with him! This sucks.

This is his FIRST and ONLY motorcycle. Please reply or PM me with any information. PMs will go directly to my email/phone. He is currently on the phone with the police. Any & ALL help is greatly appreciated!

Damn, this sucks! I'll keep an eye on craigslist.

Talked to bboyle and Goofy. Gave the advice I could. Like others, I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Thanks guys, appreciate everyone keeping an eye out. Im just bummed I prolly wont make it to Mojave next weekend!

This Fing sucks...

bboyle9, here is some forum friendly humor I'll send your way... I found a bunch others about bike theft that are a little more direct.

503cccdc0dd1b.jpg

Hoping this might cheer you up.

He's feeling pretty sh***y about this whole situation. He spent all summer saving up for suspension and plastics and didn't even get to Ride his bike. He was just at my house a few days ago cleaning the chain, rebuilding the carb and installing new front brake pads and new clutch cable.

Can I get a +1 in a show of support for bboyle9?

+1

It's possible i don't know what +1 is, but i'll still keep my eyes peeled around north park. If he needs a bike for this weekend's ride he can borrow my 400 (just don't mess with the steering dampener --- i hate that sh!t)

+1

It's possible i don't know what +1 is, but i'll still keep my eyes peeled around north park. If he needs a bike for this weekend's ride he can borrow my 400 (just don't mess with the steering dampener --- i hate that sh!t)

Its the online forum version of a Facebook "Like"

facebookLike%252B1Two.jpg

Or in non-Facebook words, it represents your agreement to the prior statement. Often, a person shows their support for a statement by saying +1. The next people in succession say +1, +1... or +2, +3... etc

-1that-license-plate-1332244752.jpg

In this instance, its showing support for bboyle9!

I also would like to extend a loaner bike possibility, the DR350 would probably do well on that trip.

Dammit that sucks. I hate thieves. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.

Thanks for all the offers guys it is much apreciated...looks like ill b cruising thru Mojave on a pristine TW200 thanks to goofy. Better than slow than not at all, im hoping I find the guy who stole it tho doubtful just so we can roll on him SDAR style!

Thanks for all the offers guys it is much apreciated...looks like ill b cruising thru Mojave on a pristine TW200 thanks to goofy. Better than slow than not at all, im hoping I find the guy who stole it tho doubtful just so we can roll on him SDAR style!

Wait you're going to turn down a KTM and a pumper carbed, deliciously modded DR350 for a 14hp, 6" suspension, 8" clearance, 32" seat height, 180 rear tired trail bike known as the TW? Clearly you lost more than your bike today, you've lost your mind!

- I suppose the TW is the only bike you wouldn't feel sorry for crashing though... considering what I did to your DR at Corral and all...

That is a bummer... Was it locked up? Snap a chain or just roll it away? Good luck in finding it..Keeping my eyes open in N. County...

Ben

+1

Sorry to hear... I will keep an eye on Craig's List, and don't forget to check EBay as well.

Thanks for the replies in support of bboyle9!

I'm glad to hear that people are keeping their eyes peeled for signs of the bike. We're looking as well. I hope we can find it but if not, we'll eventually have to call off the search in dismay. When that happens, we'll have a mini funeral for the DR650 bboyle9 called Moby.

nice catch. Sent 'em an email about wanting a wheel set and plastics. We'll see how it goes.

That chrome peeling off should be easily identifiable...bboyle, whatcha say?

feck, I'm an idiot. they posted that on the 23rd....but then again...if you do an ad on CL, and then modify it, I think I've seen the ad keep the original date. I guess it's worth a try.

I wish I could remember the chrome peeling off... But I would recognize tje scratch on the bottom of the left fork like it was the mole on the back of my hand

The LA bike isn't it. He did offer me a nice Britania Composites headlight group, dash and trailtech, though.

Czechsix, you're the man! Thanks for helping check for the DR. We really appreciate the help knowing that you have your eyes open. Those forks are a good find and match the yellow fork gaiters of bboyle9's DR but I do not think its his bike. The add date was posted prior to the theft date. I don't believe you can change dates on CL. There would be so much (more) CL fraud if you could manipulate dates.

The LA bike isn't it. He did offer me a nice Britania Composites headlight group, dash and trailtech, though.

Trophy, Thanks for following up with the guy. That's awesome.

(ps how tempted are you to pick up the trailtech and britania haha)

- If we're ever going to recover/find the bike its going to take the help of great folks like you guys. Thanks You!