Strega

America is not the greatest country in the world anymore

Haven't seen that clip, don't really watch TV any more. Good little monologue, and lots of truth in it.

It's sad isn't it ? I kinda feel like we let the last great generation of Americans down a little bit. I am actually ashamed of what the rest of the world thinks of America anymore.............

Accepting the facts as truth, we should be able to be true to ourselves. Americans are the best at adapting to change, and that is a powerful thing. We invent and re-invent better than the others, so we will succeed eventually. It just comes down to, 'can you bare the strain?'.

Accepting the facts as truth, we should be able to be true to ourselves. Americans are the best at adapting to change, and that is a powerful thing. We invent and re-invent better than the others, so we will succeed eventually. It just comes down to, 'can you bare the strain?'.

Oh no not the change thing again :blink:

I'm sure Jeff Daniel's is playing a part here, but he's a flaming LibTard in real life. I have no use for him or anyone like him. We must FIRE OBAMA in Novemeber, take the Senate and hold the House or we're screwed IMHO. A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for ObaMAO. Romney/Ryan is our best way out of the dark days of ObaMAO. However, the Soros/Obama Marxist machine will not go down without a fight, look for massive voter fraud by ACORN, Project Vote and God knows who else. If ObaMAO can't steal the election outright, with his teams of lawyers and fraud, I wouldn't be surprised if a created "crisis" comes along. Hope I'm wrong, but we'll see. "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"

Wait.

If there's going to be a political discussion, I need to don my red tinfoil hat. party.gif

PMB - such an extremist. We all know you don't own anything wearable that's red. :lol: We've ridden with you, remember? This is the pic in my mind... :ph34r:

I can never remember, do you eat Baclava and wear a Balaclava.......? :king:

I really wish I could vouch for ph34r.gif, but he is un-knowable.

Being a good guy in a White Hat whistle.gif, I find it best to stay out of these Tribal Conflicts where logic and reason are the first casualties.

Where are my riding gloves, anyway?

The American arts (especially television) have been dead for decades. One thing is certain, if you're looking to Hollywood for answers and inspiration you're completely wasting your time.

The American arts (especially television) have been dead for decades. One thing is certain, if you're looking to Hollywood for answers and inspiration you're completely wasting your time.

+1

Meaningless nonsense!

Greatest country in the world?

Was there ever one?

At what time and by what criteria?

The Texas School Board's whitewashed view of American history that controls what goes into most Publisher's elementary and secondary school textbooks?

I think I like Roger's photos from the Great Race(?) best. Old movie and I can't remember the name.

But here is a pretty good one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnSauj2855M&feature=related

Good Guy:

Great%20Leslie.jpg

Bad Guy:

tumblr_lmk2pjMZyr1qdeyheo1_500.jpg

Wait; the "Bad Guy" is dressed in all black :unsure: Don't you dress in all black? :dirol:

This goes to the heart of the philosophy of America exceptionalism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_exceptionalism

I believe that we are exceptional but that doesn't also mean we're "better" than anyone else. We're unique. We're different. There are actually many things we ARE better at, other things not so much. I'm proud to be an American and have never apologized for that in my travels. I made an impassioned case (just like Daniels character) for America in a Turkish bar in Amsterdam once. They could see I made some relevant points and did not act like a douchebag loud American. People really love America and Americans. They don't always like our leaders or our excesses but they do love us generally. I love the French in the same way. I love their food, their culture, their wimmins, their geography, etc... I don't like how rude and arrogant some of them come off. I don't like their government or their business climate. The French are exceptional in their own way.

Sure we have freedom here just like elsewhere but we have other things too like a unique sense of egalitarianism and individualism you won't find anywhere else. There's also the constitutional founding and notion of Natural Rights you don't find elsewhere. If it's just freedom you're measuring, we're actually 10th according to the Heritage Foundation. It's Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Canada, Chile, Mauritius and Ireland ahead of us.

However, it does trouble me to hear our president thinks we're exceptional just like people from other countries think they're exceptional. I think Bill Maher can say that but I don't think most people like hearing our president say that. It comes off as a bit too neutral and impartial for the executive of our country. It would be like hearing the ceo of Ford say that his cars are great, just like GM, Chrysler, Toyota, etc... "No man, Fords are FUCKING AWESOME and let me show you why that's the case!" That's what I want Ford's ceo saying if I have their stock in my portfolo.

I'd tell Jeff Daniels character to sack up and leave the self-loathing to the euro-weenies. You're an American, MAN! Act like one.

Wait; the "Bad Guy" is dressed in all black :unsure: Don't you dress in all black? :dirol:

That's no mistake :P

Whee!

Look at me staying the heck out of this!

But at what cost?