So I finally got off my butt and got the gallery up and running, I'm also working on some tweaks so we can embed videos in various forms in some useful (?) way. Anyway, I would appreciate if some of you could start giving me feedback on what works/sucks on it

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/gallery/index.php

and I'll be tweaking it accordingly to hopefully make it useful. If it works, you should also be able to link to it in your forum posts. Now go ride :clapping:

I would appreciate if some of you could start giving me feedback on what works/sucks on it

Just registered and it was a snap ... so thanks Cameron!

It said my account would be activated "soon". A day? I'll get a confirmation email?

Is there a specific amount of space allocated for each user? How much?

.. & thanks again!

I've been tweaking the settings on it, let me know if you've gotten your confirmation yet, otherwise I'll troubleshoot a bit more.

There's no limit to the size of your albums, uh, since we own the servers and built them :clapping: so unless we run out of hard drive space, keep 'em coming :ph34r:

I changed the new member confirmation and deleted your user, create a new one now and we'll see what happens.

i registered also have not recieved my confirmation

thanks

ed

I changed the new member confirmation and deleted your user, create a new one now and we'll see what happens.

Great, the new way is Soo easy! ... Instant activation and no confirmation email required. Jolly good show!

Simple How-To on joining/uploading photos to the gallery (not this forum):

1. go here http://www.dualsport-sd.com/gallery/index.php

2. Register/Login

3. After you register, you'll have the opportunity to create single or multiple albums named whatever you want and upload photos to them.

4. When you create an album, it will prompt you for a bunch of extraneous info...ignore that, just scroll down and hit the "Save" button

5. Go back to the gallery home and you should see your album, click on the "No Thumbnail" link and it will take you to a page with a link that says "Add a Photo!"

6. Browse your filesystem and select a photo to upload and a caption for it (you can also upload other things if you tab through the options, like webcam stuff), it will automatically resize your images for web-friendliness, and also give you the thumbnail.

7. Go back to the gallery homepage and check out your pix, you can click through the album and also make a slideshow out of it if you want.

8. Be inspired...get back out and ride :)

Got any questions/feedback, throw me a PM and I'll try to improve the process if needed.