Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

Edison Lake Trail Work in the High Sierra

From Motoman Bill on the BMWOCSD e-mail list.....if anyone will be up in the Edison Lake Area that week, check it out if you want....

I am heading up to Edison Lake on Wednesday to do some volunteer trail crew, I wanted to know if anyone else was interested in either riding up with me or volunteering or both. You will need to sign up on the trail crew web site. It is free, it is camping, they provide the food, it is a good time. You need boots suitable for hiking and work, long pants and sleeves, camping gear (tent, sleeping bag pad etc.) I will be leaving the Carlsbad area early Wednesday morning and returning on Sunday. The road into Edison lake is pretty interesting with the last 17 miles pretty much being 1 lane and very curvy. It will pretty much drop you off in the center of the Sierras in a stunning wilderness.

Here are some links

www.trailcrew.org

www.edisonlake.com

Randy,

it's gorgeous up there. I have always wanted to visit the Vermilion Resort and ride the Ferry around the lake. (Not a Hiker by any stretch of the imagination though).

Are they working on the hiking trails? There are only two short vehicle trails in the area. Onion and Bear something or other. Most everything else is hiking trails.

We are going to be in the Shaver and Huntington areas but not until later this month. :coolio:

After a hard day on the trail, try the Mono Hot Springs.

MHS

And White Bark Vista for the veiws! B)

S

Oh and that road into Edison is fun.......... One Lane going Both Ways. Cagers will run you off the road! (Not nessessarily on purpose either. They are distracted by the views!)