TrophyHunter

Catalina Offshore Products & bluefin2na

As some know, our own bluefin2na runs Catalina Offshore Products in the Morena District. I stopped in today and they have a new "walk in" section in the back with a great selection in addition to the "right off the fish" cuts if you can find Tommy around. I guess it's unfair to call it that as all of their stuff is right off the fish but walk in there knowing Tommy and being from SDAR and things get even better.

Tommy has his hockey puck sized scallops as usual but also has some more rare ones from the Sea of Cortez in right now. He cooked some up in just olive oil and the flavor of the meat was great. He also took care of a coworker with a nice cut of halibut.

So, as part of the grilling tomorrow.....swordfish, shrimp and scallops.

Thanks again Tommy! Now to actually ride together sometime. :king:

A 4th of July without Catalina Offshore Products in the house, is like Schwinn without a pink tutu...something just isn't right!

Have you tried the bottles of Japanese Dressing ( with wasabi) Tommy has? This stuff is great with any fish or just anything!

So, as part of the grilling tomorrow.....swordfish, shrimp and scallops.

What time should I arrive for dinner? smiley-eatdrink026.gif

Tommy is the best I bought two pounds of the half moon scallops and two pounds of yellowtail last weekend. It was a great weekend for sure.:coolio:

This has got to be the only site where a KLR guy gets props... Thanks everyone

Bump for Tommy. Stopped by with my new boss last week and Tommy grilled up some Monchong & shrimp. Crazy good. We both went home with some Monchong & hockey puck scallops. I went back Friday for some Big Eye Tuna and Chilean Sea Bass. I grabbed a bottle of the Garlic Champagne mustard, too.

Great stuff.

I met Chef Karrie from The Red Door at Tommy's and learned of the below event.

If you want some of Tommy's cookin', along with other great chef'n, ............ http://farmersfriendsfisherman3.brownpapertickets.com/

Bluefin Tuna Loins - $5.99 lb til it's gone. Helped a little at Catalina Offshore Products today but there's plenty left.

Thx for the tuna salad, grilled tuna and poke today, Tommy!

Wish I was down that way. Those would be perfect to throw on my new Traeger!

Bluefin Tuna Loins - $5.99 lb til it's gone. Helped a little at Catalina Offshore Products today but there's plenty left.

Thx for the tuna salad, grilled tuna and poke today, Tommy!

Did you pick up any Opah bellies?

I'm still learning this stuff and trying anything new with the other 2 in my house doesn't work most times. Chilean Sea Bass - "I dunno, it kinda tastes fishy" Jeez.