DRDan

Another Carb question

The carbs keep coming..

I recently acquired a WR 426 F. It came with the QS2 installed.

The problem I have, being used to my "smooth" DR - throttle control wise, is:

Whilst applying throttle gently, after the free play, there is a spot that sends the engine from normal idle to idle +1000 revs. .. ( just an estimate )

Which means, when I'm driving and want to apply minimal gas/throttle, my head gets jerked back and I look like a fool even with the helmet on.

I am wondering if that has something to do with that quickshot thingy, and if there are other WR owners out there without it: do you have bogging down problems

in the lower revs, like the honda carb the QS was originally made for. ... if I remember my internet sources correctly .

Haven't touched the carb nor fuel screw. Just added a little more free play to the throttle. B4 and the first time I rode it, just me thinking about throttle made it rev up and if in gear my head snap back.

Which reminds me, I have to check the parts that came with the bike if the original part for the carb is there, too.

Thanks. Dan.

The carbs keep coming..

I recently acquired a WR 426 F. It came with the QS2 installed.

The problem I have, being used to my "smooth" DR - throttle control wise, is:

Whilst applying throttle gently, after the free play, there is a spot that sends the engine from normal idle to idle +1000 revs. .. ( just an estimate )

Which means, when I'm driving and want to apply minimal gas/throttle, my head gets jerked back and I look like a fool even with the helmet on.

I am wondering if that has something to do with that quickshot thingy, and if there are other WR owners out there without it: do you have bogging down problems

in the lower revs, like the honda carb the QS was originally made for. ... if I remember my internet sources correctly .

Haven't touched the carb nor fuel screw. Just added a little more free play to the throttle. B4 and the first time I rode it, just me thinking about throttle made it rev up and if in gear my head snap back.

Which reminds me, I have to check the parts that came with the bike if the original part for the carb is there, too.

Thanks. Dan.

try adjusting the quickshot. it is definetly what will change how fast the bike comes on from idle. For street use, you want a slower longer lasting squirt.

Also, take the throttle cable cover off and look for an oring connecting two mechanical arms. if there is one in there, take it out and it will slow things down.

PS, some guys would love to have your problem.

I was gonna say, maybe you're just not used to the extreme power these Yamaha bikes have....

try adjusting the quickshot. it is definetly what will change how fast the bike comes on from idle. For street use, you want a slower longer lasting squirt.

Also, take the throttle cable cover off and look for an oring connecting two mechanical arms. if there is one in there, take it out and it will slow things down.

Thanks, It's a Qickshot2 which is just bolt on. I did try gentle adjustment to the fuel screw. ... with some success. Another Thanks: no O ring underneath the throttle cable cover.. -never the easy way.

Yes, I am happy.

'tntmoto',

That's funny. As I was typing yesterday, I was thinking the same.. .. S/o gonna say: Just get used to it. I might have to.

-Still, I'll keep looking for adjustment suggestions.

Which "spawns" the question.. Any Maintenance Days coming up before FMAR or LA/BARSTOW/VEGAS..?

Dan.

Dan, sorry i thought it had an adjustment screw on the side. You can ditch it and put the stock accelerator pump cover and membrane back in. They shouldn't cost too much.

try this place for carb parts, they are pretty reasonably priced.

http://jetsrus.com/carburetor/carb_keihin_FCR-MX_carb_exploded_view_parts.html

you need parts 47,51,52,53,54

photo_keihin_FCR_MX_exploded_view.JPG