kvanderstel

My buddies BMW GS650

So my buddy (GS650) and I (DR650) were heading south on Thing Valley Rd last Saturday at rather slow speeds. I thought he was right behind me, but he was actually to my left.

For reasons unimportant, I made a quick stop and cut left. Well he was right on me and we had a gentle collision. I swerved to the right and didn't go down, but we were in soft sand and he fell. After helping him lift his bike back up we noticed his right front brake lever was broken. No big deal, I apologized and said I'd get him a new one.

Well, he picked one up on the way home from San Diego BMW and it was $45!!!! What? $45? for a brake lever?

Oh well. I guess I'll check my rear before coming to quick stops.

Most Euro-brand (BMW/KTM/HUSKY)part is going to be more expensive than the comparable japanese part. That has been my experience anyway.

Since it is for a BMW, I'm surprised that's all it cost!!! :angry: You should see the price of a disposable air filter for a GSA,

Yep....Ducati parts are also expensive...like others said, any Euro bike stuff is more expensive than the japanese stuff.