Strega

D37's LA / Barstow / Vegas Dual-Sport ONLINE Registration

Registration is now OPEN for the 2012 District 37 LA / Barstow / Vegas Dual-Sport ride. Please sign up early as registration is limited to 500 people and last year we went over that.

REGISTER HERE

This is our first year using online registration and we're excited about streamlining the process for this and future events.

More information at: http://www.LABarstowVegas.com

(Click the image to register)

LAB2V2012logo.jpg

Guest Crusty

This photo reminds me of the last SDAR meeting, minus the tow truck.

LAB2V-2009-scorpion-1.jpg

I would like to do this ride I just need to find a way to get my bike up to the start point and back from Vegas are there any shuttles that do that from San Diego?

I'm doing it this year!

I think I have logistics figured out for this trip. My brother and his wife are going to drop me off at Palmdale the night before then drive my truck to Vegas.

Depending on the need, I have access to a 20' trailer that can easily carry 10 bikes. If anyone needs their bike delivered to the starting point then back from Vegas, let me know.

You will more than likely have to find a way to transport your body.

Seven bikes ready for Bass Lake.

JFlg1.jpg

I would like to do this ride I just need to find a way to get my bike up to the start point and back from Vegas are there any shuttles that do that from San Diego?

I'll be there, possible to take trailer, though planned on just my son and my bike in truck.....also planning on a few days in vegas prior.....but in a pinch, I might be able to transport other bikes...

This was in Nevada post-14910-068674000 1340862842_thumb.jp

I will be there. Last year I rode the 800, That big beast was a handful in those washes. I think I will wimp out and ride the 525 this year. Maybe slab it to Palmdale after dinner.

We should get a SDAR table for the reception.

Definitely keeping this on the table. I'll know more once I get checked into the new command and see a schedule.

I signed up on the first day. That would be funny if i got #1

#'s 1-20 are reserved and handed out to people specifically by the committee...as far as I understand :)

I never trust anything online. I'd rather mail a check. Seems much safer and less fancy-schmancy, and has much less chance of ending up in the deep pockets of wunnathemthere web designers.

That online stuff, ya gotta watch out for that.

torch.gif

I never trust anything online. I'd rather mail a check. Seems much safer and less fancy-schmancy, and has much less chance of ending up in the deep pockets of wunnathemthere web designers.

torch.gif

Yeah! To hell with advancement and keeping up with the times. Those web guys are shaaaaaaady!

torch.gif

That actually make me laugh out loud :)

I'm signed up for it and can't wait.

This will be my first time doing LABLV.

Me too! I've never been able to get off from work around the Holiday but getting old...I mean getting seniority has its perks.

Does anybody want to ride as a group with some SDAR riders? I'm not racer fast but I'm no turtle. I just need to install my helmet speakers and mic and we can all sing...I mean talk to one another :lol:

My plans have changed... Looks like this is a possibility.

Now it's time for planning and coordintation... :coolio:

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the tracks before the ride? I'm toying with the idea of using a GPS app on my phone in a rugged case. I don't have a way to import them using the typical Garmin Mapsource. Can they email them to you the morning of the ride?

Anyone else using their phone? I love the new Montana but an app on my phone could give me similar functionality for a lot less cash.

Thanks. Kirk.

Im In!! this will be my frist LABV ride and im stoked and well preped I think. I will be dropped off in palm dale and picked up in Vages. Im ridding solo but if anyone from SDAR wants to hook up and buddy or group ride lets do it. Feel free to PM me! Cheers Brando!! :torch:

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the tracks before the ride? ....... Can they email them to you the morning of the ride?

Don't know, but you might ask strega, I think he helps D37 with the tracks etc..... so he could be a good source of info? and who to talk to about the early email..

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the tracks before the ride? ....... Can they email them to you the morning of the ride?

Don't know, but you might ask strega, I think he helps D37 with the tracks etc..... so he could be a good source of info? and who to talk to about the early email..

I just tried my phone outside in the sunlight, that won't work. A new GPS is on the way.

Kirk.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the tracks before the ride? I'm toying with the idea of using a GPS app on my phone in a rugged case. I don't have a way to import them using the typical Garmin Mapsource. Can they email them to you the morning of the ride?

Anyone else using their phone? I love the new Montana but an app on my phone could give me similar functionality for a lot less cash.

Thanks. Kirk.

I'm pretty sure the permits stipulate that they can't give out the route instructions before the day of the event.....

In terms of logistics, I've driven up and ridden up.......I trucked it to LA the first few years I rode it with various folks....... Strega, DigDug, and I rode up and back in 2008......I know Randy has done that a few times too

Here's our trip report from 2008:

I'll either ride up or drive up from Bullhead City on Sat as I've done the past few years......then ride back to Vegas from Sandy Valley via Red Rock Canyon, hit the banquet, stay the night at the Orleans, and make my way back to Bullhead on Sunday.....

See ya in Sandy Valley on Sat and/or the banquet on Sat night....

I'm excited to say that I made reservations and secured a spot last night for my first LA B2V. Ordering up new tires and really looking forward to this. Is now the time to buy a Spot device also?

Any suggestions on whether to tackle the harder routes or stick to the adventure trails?

I'll be on my DR650 and am planning to ride up to Palmdale and back from Vegas on the bike! Lot of miles for sure. My rooms are all doubles, so I may be offering up a space if someone needs room and they were essentially free using hotel points I've saved up.

I'll be on my DR650 and am planning to ride up to Palmdale and back from Vegas on the bike!

I'd encourage you to "Loop it" and head back via the southern route across Mojave Rd, Joshua Tree, etc. as we did in 08......but you need 2 days to enjoy that approach