2Wheels

Motorworld of El Cajon

I found 10 comments about Motoworld.

Positive -- 9

Negative - 1

Has anyone taken a bike there to be worked on?

Positive or negative experience?

Can anyone comment on whether their KTM mechanics are any good?

I don't have a KTM, but I'm thinking about getting one. Motoworld would be the closest place to Eastlake to take one to have it worked on.

Overall I have very good experience with Motoworld of El Cajon. I have not used their shop but will certainly try them now that they handle KTM. Their accessory dept. run by Geoff King is exceptional. I also just ordered 3 KTM parts that they OFFERED to let me pay for when picking them up rather than ahead of time. GREAT service!

Regarding MotoWorlds KTM Service,

Not certain what to think regarding Service Dept. They have had my 990 for 4 days to do the initial service. I called last week to make an appointment. They said sure, just bring it in Tuesday, will take one or two days. It's now almost 5:00 on Friday. I'd call that lousy. I see a few KTMs being serviced. Have any of you had better luck? Looks like I may be driving up to MS for the mechanic that ride KTMs.

BAGSTR

Motoworld El Cajon: fair to good (depending on who you deal with in the store and)

the worst place I have been is motoworld of El Cajon. I ordered a fender from them and they didn't tell me it would take 6 months for me to get it.

I've had pretty good luck with MotoWorld of El Cajon for what thats worth. For your first dirt bike, getting a "fit" at a dealer, then buying a used bike makes a lot of sense. backhoedoc- very nice to offer to meet him over there... this site has a great bunch of guys.

Motoworld was fair, and service dept. was not bad.. The CRF 150 I got my son would not start, so I took it there... They tried their best to help me but the bike kept on doing the same thing.. I read the first CRF 150's had an issue with cold starts (take you 20 minutes in the cold)... that's why Honda now has them electric start.. :lol:

If I have an option, it is Motoworld of El Cajon or San Diego SportCycles.

Both have gone out of their way to be helpful on relatively small sales and followed through on the larger stuff.

They've earned my loyalty for a local shops.

Semper Fi

Troutte

+1 for MotoWorld- They need to add Suzuki to their lineup

I went over to Motoworld and worked with Geoff King. What a nice guy and so knowledgeable, patient, etc. It was a wonderful experience and I would recommend him to anyone. Steve

Motoworld of El Cajon has damn good mechanics that know XR's (10% military discount there and at Cycle Gear). RP Racing in El Cajon and Bob's "Two Wheel Tire Store" in Santee have treated me well enough to keep my buisness. CMC in Santee is good for deals on riding gear and Vey's in Lakeside is good for you quad owners out there that need service and parts.

I never had a bike serviced there, so i would rate them as EXCELLENT!

let me explain...

I went there prior to re-jetting my own DRZ... they said, we don't have Suzuki in our lineup, but we can re-jet your carb... but I would suggest going to House of Motorcycles, and talk to _______... he has his own DRZ, and has it tuned to a "T".

They were doing what is best FOR ME...

My pig came with a "one year" factory warranty and I got sucked in and paid for the "extended" version when I bought it.

I think it's safe for me to tell you that I do 99% of my own service and maintenance on it so I guess I wasted some money.....however I did take it there for the first three big maintenance checks and I was satisfied with the work they did.

I am a compulsive and "Attention to detail" minded kind of guy so every time I did take it to them I read through my manual and look very closely at what is and was supposed to be checked and serviced.

I always compare the "before" to the "after".

They (Motoworld of El Cajon) did a fine job every time they touched my pig.

If you have the courage and will not take any BS for what you are paying for the mechanics and service personnel at most of the dealerships will remember you. Motoworld is good in this area.

Do your homework and never be shy about asking questions like who is working on your bike, how much experience does the person have and when you are told that a part or a system is "Out of Spec" ask them to show you what the "Spec" is in their manual. You would be surprised how many service people have to ask a more senior person to answer your questions. I have never run into this there.

The best advice I can reccommend to anyone who goes to a dealership to have work done on any vehicle they own is to know your ride well enough to visually see, hear, smell and feel any difference before and after the work is done.

Just my 2 cents worth,

Remember: opinions are like assholes, every one has one and they stink.....

GUNZ

Great mechanics but I've heard they will take a loooong time to complete your work (and have lied about their progress in the past to my friends). My money still goes to Alex @ Kon-Tiki in P.B., particularly for the KTMs :lol:

p.s. - I was just checking-in. Still 3 days left in paradise, but fractional ownership is in the works... Aloha! :lol:

They might have great mechanics and good turn around time but, their parts department sucks. Not only did they tell me that it would take 6 months to get replacement fender. Then you call the parts department and ask for a jet for a 640 ktm and over the phone and they will say that they have the jet you want then you go to motoworld to pick it up and motoworld tells you they don't carry that jet or carb and they are a dealer for ktm. As far as buying parts I'm sticking to sportcycles in la mesa.

Kinda Hijack, as dirtrider stated the service dept is not the whole picture of the store. I ordered some sprocket bolts a while back from the parts dept.. Or should I say I Thought I ordered them. The guy behind the counter said they were ordered and would be in a couple of days. I came back in a week and he said those were a special order and you should have paid in advance. Then he says do you want me to order them. :) When I was there I also ordered a chain slider, I have the part # and he brings out a part with a different number and says here ya go, I point out the different numbers and he says sorry. When you live over 50miles from the store mistakes like that really are amplified when you get home and have to drive back. I ended getting the bolts from Abba bolt for pennies with higher strength & quality compaired to Motorworld's.

Thier Parts Dept SUCKS!