Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Dualies Charity Ride

TSR (Dave), my friend Russ, and I participated in the Dualies Charity ride last weekend. They had a good size turnout for the event which is great since the proceeds benefit the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. They offered some new/nasty single track near Beaumont followed by easy fire roads up to Idyllwild where we ate lunch at JoAnns. We split up after lunch because Russ and Dave had to get back to Temecula and I was in no rush. The only log jam I encountered was on the Allesandro hardway. One guy went over the side and they were pulling up his bike when I rode up…….and there was a slight log jam at the last step up near the top…….then they took us down Hixon……a rutted/slippery easy way down hill became an afternoon hardway…..no big deal on the MT43 equipped 300…..

A few phone pics

Mid way through the morning all way route along some ridges near Idyllwild:

IMAG0733.jpg

TSR (Dave) at a creek crossing

IMAG0738.jpg

Another creek crossing……Im standing there with my phone out and this guy comes riding up and splats in the washout…..Did you snap a picture of that? he asks. Of course, I reply. I told him, you should always be concerned about what lies ahead when the riders in front of you stop and whip out there phones/cameras. :coolio::heh:

IMAG0735.jpg

Final rest stop before lunch:

IMAG0740.jpg

I didnt snap any pics in the afternoon…….I just rode…..and had a blast…..hopefully more of you will be able to join in for both the CORE 4 Kids ride and the Dualies Charity ride next year……..both benefit the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.

I've been on some razorback single track in Beaumont. Quite frankly, I'll be just fine never riding that again. :angry:

I've been on some razorback single track in Beaumont. Quite frankly, I'll be just fine never riding that again. :angry:

Really? I love that stuff.....

This sampler pic is posted over on the D37 website:

beaumont.jpg

Lots of snakes on the trail. We shooed at least 3 off the trails.

Good to see you at lunch Andrew. See ya again at Bar 10 if not sooner.....

I was there on the Vstrom. All good until the end when it became single track. Beautiful day and great event. The guy who went over the edge is fine. I met him after the ride when we were telling war stories in the parking lot.

post-15015-025813200 1337731077_thumb.jp

I finally put some video clips together. The camera was mounted on the rear rack facing aft. Interesting perspective.

Watch Video

I finally put some video clips together. The camera was mounted on the rear rack facing aft. Interesting perspective.

Watch Video

Nice video! I remember that camera when you went by.

Watch Video

Good stuff Dave......one of these days I'll learn how to edit my Go-Pro raw footage

Watch Video

Good stuff Dave......one of these days I'll learn how to edit my Go-Pro raw footage

Crawdaddy in the raw. Thanks for not posting Chris.

CiD

Really? I love that stuff.....

This sampler pic is posted over on the D37 website:

beaumont.jpg

That doesn't look too bad- at all. My experience in Beaumont was with a friend. We ended up first thing in the morning on a very deep single track ridge route. There wasn't enough room to put a foot down either side if you had to. The drop was so steep you couldn't save yourself if you had to. One slight bit of target fixation and you would be done. Once we made it to the top, it was one of those "oops, we went up the wrong trail!!!" DOH!!!