Sign in to follow this  
Roaring Rory

Suit Filed to Halt Ocotillo Wind as Coalition Holds Protests in San Di

Isn't that always the way? Put a tire track on it, and we are ruining precious irreplaceable nature, but wave enough money at the government and environmentalists and you can do anything that you want to it.

This is something that really ticks me off. I know this area quite well and I have been down trails that came to a halt with markers and baracades and signs about the sheep.

Now all of a sudden those people that posted those signs and baracades for the sheep and artifacts receive a big fat check and here comes the bull dozers! Makes me so mad!!! :angry2:

I have a really nice picture of some of those big horn sheep. If I find it I will post it.

I remember an article in the AMA magazine from back in the 80s. Back then, it was the desert tortoise that was the poster child for keeping offroaders out of areas. If even one abandoned tortoise burrow was found in the area, that whole area was closed to off road vehicles. AMA magazine had an article around that time, about a mining company that paid off enough special interest groups to get to go in, truck out all the tortoises (to be destroyed) and set up mining in the desert. <_<:angry2: