Firebug24k

Fixing the cage?

Anyone have a recommendation for a mechanic/shop that works on older foreign cars (1996 BMW)? I'm new to the area and not sure where to get some repairs done (clutch/rough idle/a few other misc items). It's nowhere near warranty, and I don't give a crap about OEM parts, I just want it to work :)

EDIT: I live in Imperial Beach, if that matters. Thanks!

It's a north county shop, but KB Motorsports up in San Marcos is a good shop. No BS place. Owner is a rider too. Primarily a BMW shop, but the most interesting thing I saw there was a Bugatti lol. Weird. Has BMW factory trained mechanics.

A little closer to you, just North of Pacific Beach is La Jolla Independent BMW Service.

http://www.bimmerdoc.com/

Never been there for service but they always have classic BMWs in the showroom and I wander through on occasion. They've been in business for a LONG time so must know what they're doing.

Good luck.

LINK HERE

Top Value Tire and Repairs....

My friend Colin who rides dualsport also....and is an official SDAR Sponsor....10% off parts to SDAR Contributing Members.

Thanks for all the advice, guys - I appreciate it! Car picked a bad time to act up, while the KLR is disassembled in the garage. Ended up commuting on bicycle today - that was kinda painful.

Dose BMW in El Cajon, Steve Dose is a BMW wiz.