Yeah, keep on riding! I hope I can still ride at their age. I already have aching joints, bad depth perception and poor balance....still, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed!:party:

These guys sum it up quite well. Must be all that experience.

A few quotes from Larry Murray

"You can go slow and still be scaring yourself to death in the woods."

"The secret to being a good offroad rider is the physical side of it; being in good physical condition."

The Husqvarna motorcycles manual that came with the new Husqy when you bought it. I would say, half of the manual was didicated to conditioning. The owners manual for the motorcycle was HALF DEDICATED to conditioning."

A few from Paul Rodden

The doctor told me with my balance problems I shouldn't be riding. They actually told me that 10 years ago."

"Get on with riding or get on with dying."

"You wanna know why my attitude is so positive while I'm riding? It's because it's fun!"

A tidbit from Dr. Dan Curran

"Riding offroad is a totally different thing. I mean it's an incredibly physical experience."

"The whole experience of riding on a trial. If you haven't done it before, within about 20 minutes a new rider would be absolutely cooked".

"I had to train, for about a year, before I got to the point where I could ride and try to keep up with Larry and Paul"

Thanks for posting dirtdame, I really enjoyed it. Larry and Paul are both very talented, Larry at 61 and Paul at 70. I too hope to be "like" either of them at there ages.

"The secret to being a good offroad rider is the physical side of it; being in good physical condition."

The Husqvarna motorcycles manual that came with the new Husqy when you bought it. I would say, half of the manual was didicated to conditioning. The owners manual for the motorcycle was HALF DEDICATED to conditioning."

Yes Jon,

Husqvarna has made this part of every manual I can remember. All my Husky manuals from the 70's have extensive sections on physical training exercises geared to performance racing. Everything from endurance running through the snow in the Swedish forests to walking balance beams with a set of handlebars in your hands. They also published seperate manuals on how to improve your desert racing skills. I have one. When I get some free time I will copy the pages from my manuals and post them. You guys might find them at least entertaining.

All I can say about that video Is I hope that is me when I get to that age. They are right, half of dirt biking is conditioning of your body. Ride on guys.

Hi All,

My buddy and I put the video together, I'm glad you liked it.

We were sick and tired of watching 20 somethings do backflips and wanted something truly inspiring, so we starting filming our riding buddies - Larry and Paul.

Glad you liked it, please share with other like minded people...

Thanks again!!

Dallas

Hi All,

We were sick and tired of watching 20 somethings do backflips and wanted something truly inspiring, so we starting filming our riding buddies - Larry and Paul.

Thanks again!!

Dallas

Thanks for putting it together! :party:

Hi All,

Thanks again!!

Dallas

Thanks for putting it together! :party:

As you can imagine, hanging out with those two is a lot of fun. Filming it and telling their story was a pleasure, as were they to work with...

: )

Fun stuff.

Dallas

As you can imagine, hanging out with those two is a lot of fun. Filming it and telling their story was a pleasure, as were they to work with...

Fun stuff.

Dallas

I'll bet! Those two look like fun people. It's something I'd like to do some day (make a really cool video about real people out having fun trail riding). First I have to learn how to edit.... :lol:

Oh yes....and welcome to our forum! ^_^

Hi All,

Thanks again!!

Dallas

Dallas,

What part the "The Great White North" are you folks riding? I initially thought Ontario where I have family and friends all over the Southern end, but your name suggests Nova Scotia where I have family with a summer house in Luenenburg. Would love to meet up with a group anytime that I'm out there.

Thanks again for the inspiring video.

Jon

Dallas,

What part the "The Great White North" are you folks riding? I initially thought Ontario where I have family and friends all over the Southern end, but your name suggests Nova Scotia where I have family with a summer house in Luenenburg. Would love to meet up with a group anytime that I'm out there.

Thanks again for the inspiring video.

Jon

Hi Jon, I'm in Ottawa, Ontario and the short doc was shot in and around riding areas within two hours of me.

You are right on with my name - I'm from Nova Scotia - (Antigonish, Sydney and New Glasgow) is where my family is from but I've been transplanted to Ontario (like most of us from "out east").

My wife and I are moving to New Mexico in the next 2 months though! LOL

If you are ever in my area, I'm available and have a huge network of riding buddies. I publish this (which keeps me very connected):

http://issuu.com/scotiadallas/docs/november_traction_erag?mode=window&viewMode=doublePage

Thanks for the questions, I love talking about Nova Scotia!!

Dallas

PS: I can easily plug you into a NS riding group, there is a very active group here and KELSOW is the man you want to connect with. I'm sure they would be very happy to show you "round their neck of the woods".

http://www.dualsport.ca/

My wife and I are moving to New Mexico in the next 2 months though! LOL

If you are ever in my area, I'm available and have a huge network of riding buddies. I publish this (which keeps me very connected):

You can count on the local members of this forum to show you a good ride if you are ever out our way!

Nice E-zine!

I'm not sure if I'll be going to Nova Scotia this year or not, but I'll try to look someone up if I do.

As far as New Mexico goes, I am due visits to folks in Silver City and Taos. Where are you settling down? It's a big state with big riding opportunities. I've wanted to ride there for years, eventually I'll make it out that way.

Good luck to you Senor.

Nice E-zine!

I'm not sure if I'll be going to Nova Scotia this year or not, but I'll try to look someone up if I do.

As far as New Mexico goes, I am due visits to folks in Silver City and Taos. Where are you settling down? It's a big state with big riding opportunities. I've wanted to ride there for years, eventually I'll make it out that way.

Good luck to you Senor.

Thanks for the kind words about the eRag - tons of fun putting that together and we meet a lot of riders.

We'll be settling in the east mountains of ABQ. I'm very excited about all the riding opportunities there!!

Dallas

We'll be settling in the east mountains of ABQ. I'm very excited about all the riding opportunities there!!

The Sandia range? (I used to live on the west mesa.)

The Sandia range? (I used to live on the west mesa.)

Yep, Sandia! Very excited. Beautiful country, amazing roads and trails. My wife and I can't wait!!!

Dallas