UPDATE...Trail Maintenance Days April 29th & May 6th.

Please bring some type of brush trimming tools and don't forget your water.

Posting this to see if we can get some people to commit to help out with the trails at Corral Canyon on Sunday April 29th and Sunday May 6th .

Spaugh posted this, so looks like the trails need some work....

"the snow really hammered CC a few weeks ago. Pretty much all of the trails had fallen trees and bushes. Just an FYI update for those interested".

I will commit, usual start time of about 9am at 4 Corners. We'll work out the details when some people respond here.

Thanks for your help !

I could be persuaded to help out...

OK, you got me. I'll try to be there.

Another note, we can also ride after completing some work.

I need to check with the rest of the family, but I will try to make it.

I sent this out to all the local shops who support SDAR....you never know.

Unfortunately I can't make it, I will be back in UK racing british enduro championship 2 day event that weekend.

I rode most of the trails at Corral Canyon today, the ground was just about perfect and even a bit of water running in the creek on trail #4.

Yes there is quite a lot of storm damaged trees so I spent some time clearing where I could but some were just to big to move on my own and will need either ropes to winch them out of the way or chainsaw to cut them up, Trail #9 was worst but all were rideable.

Guest Crusty

Unfortunately I can't make it, I will be back in UK racing british enduro championship 2 day event that weekend.

I rode most of the trails at Corral Canyon today, the ground was just about perfect and even a bit of water running in the creek on trail #4.

Yes there is quite a lot of storm damaged trees so I spent some time clearing where I could but some were just to big to move on my own and will need either ropes to winch them out of the way or chainsaw to cut them up, Trail #9 was worst but all were rideable.

All you need is 1 XRBum when I worked with him, it was like watching a Worlds Strongest Man Competition.

Dai and others, so awesome to hear about people doing whatever they can even when they're riding out there. If anyone does any kind of work that helps the trails, we need to record the number of hours for the Forestry Service...the more hours of volunteer work sometimes helps them get more GRANT money for the area. We have a section in the Members Only Forums for volunteer hours. If you can't access those forums, please make sure Alan (MCtrails) or I get your volunteer hours so we can record and submit them.

Thanks to everyone who helps out !

I plan on being there. I was there with Brad last weekend and yes the place is a mess. It can use all the work we can throw at it.

See you there.

One thing I forgot to mention, by one of the downed trees on trail #9 as I was trying to move it get past I ran into a load of bees and got stung on my forhead as had my goggles off and on my elbow so please beware and keep clothed especially if you're allergic to bee stings.

A few days later I also got stung twice more on neck by bees at McCain while riding, guess they kind of like me:)

Looks like it may be cold and somewhat rainy on Saturday. :unsure:

I'd like to come out and help out some, maybe meet a few people. So ummm...where is 4 corners? Anything particular I need to bring?

I'd like to come out and help out some, maybe meet a few people. So ummm...where is 4 corners? Anything particular I need to bring?

If we go (if not raining or storming), then please bring water and a saw and/or tools that you can trim brush, bushes and small downed trees.

Directions to Corral Canyon OHV Park:

From El Cajon (I8 and Hwy 67)

Go east on I8 about 30 miles to Buckman Springs Road (Exit 51). Go south on Buckman Springs Road about 3.25 miles. You will pass Mountain Empire High School on your left and a Forest Service facility on your right. Shortly after passing the Forest Service facility there will be a right turn with signs for Corral Canyon OHV area. Take the right at N32 42.990 W116 30.009 (Morena Stokes Valley Rd.) and proceed past the military base. Continue a couple of miles up the mountain toward the fire lookout tower. As you reach a saddle of the mountain you will see the 4 Corners Parking area of Corral Canyon OHV Park. N32 43.468 W116 33.552

Do vehicles still need an "Adventure Pass" to park?

Do new volunteers need to fill out the Forrest Service Volunteer form?

Do vehicles still need an "Adventure Pass" to park?

Do new volunteers need to fill out the Forrest Service Volunteer form?

Post in the Members Only Forums about the ADVpass.

The volunteer forms are not critical at the moment. I'll see if I can print some out.

Remember, if the weather looks nasty Saturday morning, we may not be going.

I have new information about Volunteer Trail Maintenance and the Adventure Pass...posted in the Members Only Forums, not to be posted publicly.

Also, talked to our friend Richard Tull, OHV Program Manager for Corral Canyon and have info about the Volunteer Forms.

Due to weather and probably lots of mud out there, we're postponing Trail Maintenance Day on April 14th.

We'd like to Reschedule for 2 additional days...April 29th and May 6th.

Hopefully we can get a pretty good turnout for an additional 2 dates.

Thanks to everyone !

Due to weather and probably lots of mud out there, we're postponing Trail Maintenance Day on April 14th.

We'd like to Reschedule for 2 additional days...April 29th and May 6th.

Hopefully we can get a pretty good turnout for an additional 2 dates.

Thanks to everyone !

I'll be a "hopefully" for April 29th (have race in Tecate on saturday so have to see how beat up I am) and "probable" for May 6th.

Still planning on going out to Corral Canyon to work on trails,

Sunday April 29th

Sunday May 6th

9am at 4 Corners Trailhead at Corral Canyon

Please Bring some type of tools to trim brush, and bring water.