2Wheels

Sliding the front wheel?

The riding skill levels thread says that "Comfortable sliding both front and rear wheels and able to produce and control the slides" is an intermediate skill. I'm just wondering if anyone who is able to slide the front wheel can give some pointers... or maybe a link to a video of someone doing it.

Pretty much like the video says. I'm thinking that the "able to slide the front" part is specifically targeted towards MX, and somewhat reproducible conditions. But if you really want to know how to slide the front, just keep grabbing the front brake at speed. :blink: That Lewis is a funny guy.

I really think that most of us actually slide the front more than we think. I know in sand wash turns at any kind of speed my front always slides a good foot or two before hooking up. I think the key is learning to be comfortable with the slide, once you are it makes sand washes a lot of fun.

Covered in Sand

Wow that was quick! Thanks guys! Videos are blocked on the computer I'm on right now so I'll take a look at it later.

Maybe what he really meant was the sand wash type sliding.

Wow that was quick! Thanks guys! Videos are blocked on the computer I'm on right now so I'll take a look at it later.

Maybe what he really meant was the sand wash type sliding.

Watch "DirtWise" by Shane Watts. That is the best video I have seen on front brake training. I used to have a copy here, I can lend it to you, if I can find it, I may have lent it to some one else and not got it back. If I find it I will let you know. Ken

Found it, PM me your address and I will send it to you. It is a great training video that teaches amoung other things, brake training. Shane rides across a field with the front brake locked and can do stoppies on grass and in the dirt.

and... I rest my case

And I was expecting to see someone intentionally slide his front wheel and recover from it. What a let down.