Covered in Dust

Government Auction

Don't know if anyone here needs a new motor or frame for their KLR but this site has about a dozen up for auction. I've bought and sold lots of industrial equipment and cars from this site over the last 10 years ( it's kind of a sickness) and there are usually really good deals. I always go and preview anything I'm interested in because you can't tell the condition from the pics. There are other lots for KLR engines so it's best to go and see which lot is best then 2nd, 3rd ect and set a price for each.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=5089598&convertTo=USD

Covered in Dust

The mighty KLR will last for over 50,000 miles (see Pyro) and even longer. These are bullet proof engines while not fast

they will do the job, One thing they are really cool used for is lawn tractors.

Nice find CiD, I haven't been near as active as I used to be on GL. Used to buy and sell deuces, trailers, etc. I'll shoot you a pm, if you do go out there relatively often to check on lots, I might ask you for a favor, comp fuel, etc. IAC, I'll pm you.

I'll be going to Pendleton soon to check out a lathe and bead blaster coming up for bid. If

anyone is interested in going with me to check out the process let me know. I'm open any

time in the next week to go.

Covered in Rust

Here is a nice little pop up trailer coming up for auction in Barstow. I picked up a gas Club Car Carryall 2 last week from Pendleton for under $350.00.

I'm cleaning it up now and will post a picture of it. Already had a neighbor offer me $1500.00 for it. All it needed was a new fuel pump and a battery plus a good detail.

I think I will be able to get $2200.00 when I'm done with it.

Covered in Projects

Link for trailer http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=5438074&convertTo=USD

Opening bid on the trailer is $150.00

post-13540-021293800 1341277124_thumb.jp

Whats the deal with the gov't auctions? Are they all online bidding or in person live bidding? Do you need a license or can any civilian partake?

Whats the deal with the gov't auctions? Are they all online bidding or in person live bidding? Do you need a license or can any civilian partake?

All the auctions I do are online, anyone can bid you just need to register before you can bid. If you go to the site and look around you'll see that there are hundreds of auctions going all the time. I only bid on items that are close by so I can pick up the items easily.

CiD

All the auctions I do are online, anyone can bid you just need to register before you can bid. If you go to the site and look around you'll see that there are hundreds of auctions going all the time. I only bid on items that are close by so I can pick up the items easily.

CiD

Thanks for the clarification. My buddies and I have talked about buying a $2000 short yellow school bus in some random state like Ohio and flying out there to pick it up, bolt a keg to the floor and drive it home.

Btw, if you street legal that golf cart in AZ, can you also drive it in CA? CA street legal golf carts go for $$ here.

Here is a pic of the cart.

$350.00 for cart

$75.00 battery

$50.00 fuel pump

$50.00 2 cans spray on bed liner, 2 cans flat black paint and 1 can white paint plus some Armorall

Total $525.00 plus about 8 hours of labor.

CiD

post-0-095287600 1341282862_thumb.jpg

thanks chris.....I registered.....good to know....

My wife hates you.:party:

....she doesn't know I registered, but when she finds out.......:coolio:

Here is a nice little pop up trailer coming up for auction in Barstow. I picked up a gas Club Car Carryall 2 last week from Pendleton for under $350.00.

I'm cleaning it up now and will post a picture of it. Already had a neighbor offer me $1500.00 for it. All it needed was a new fuel pump and a battery plus a good detail.

I think I will be able to get $2200.00 when I'm done with it.

Covered in Projects

Link for trailer http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=5438074&convertTo=USD

Opening bid on the trailer is $150.00

The bidding has started on this item. If anyone on here is bidding you shouldn't be yet. I always wait until there is only 1 minute left in the auction then put in the maximum amount I'd be willing to pay. Then let the auto bidding take care of the rest. This way other bidders don't keep raising the price up for days. That said most

bidders will still drop out pretty low as they just want to get a steal on an item.

Covered in Bids

(I'm not bidding on these items)

Well the bidding on the folding trailer has gotten to high I think at $2500.00, but the other trailer with a little damage is only $1270.00 with 2 hours left in the auction. This trailer has some damage but the right person could probably fix it up pretty easy. If you do bid remember there is also a 10% buyers premium and sales tax added to the purchase bid.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=5438056

There is a golf cart going for 250 I might bid on.

CiD

post-13540-084965100 1342117905_thumb.jp

Well the folding trailer went for $2902.00 with tax and buyers premium that's $3440.00 a little to steep if you ask me.

The 18' trailer with the damage went for $1760.00 thats $2086 out the door. Not bad maybe a grand to fix it up nice.

The polaris went for $2126 that's $2338.00 with the premium I'm not sure if sales tax would need to be paid with an out of state buyer.

I finished my Club Car today so I'll be selling it soon then looking for a new project.

Covered in Stuff

post-13540-001756000 1342130865_thumb.jp

post-13540-064795200 1342130876_thumb.jp

post-13540-009004500 1342130884_thumb.jp

I bid on the Aliner....but yes, almost $3k so I let it go.... more than I hoped to spend.....to be honest, that is probably pretty cheap for that....they sell for alot of money....very durable and light weight.....but if I"m spending that much on a trailer, it's gonna have a shower...oh well, maybe next time...thanks for the tip....

I'm sure Covered In Dust will agree with me on this one - never, ever bid on anything from GL without going out there and inspecting it. Don't put much faith in their descriptions, or even their photographs.....unless you're using nothing but play money, and can afford to lose it.

One of the entertaining things that used to happen with DRMO, and then GL is when you go down and inspect your lot (I used to deal in military vehicles), and you'd find a nice example to bid on - you'd make your bid, and then win it. Do whatever you need to go pick it up (rent a truck, hire a low boy, whatever)....and then when you get there, you find the vehicle has been cannibalized while sitting on the lot.

Fun fun fun.

That happened more than a few times. Camp P, Barstow, the old Navy Field, Yuma, Tracy, Vandenberg...yep. Fun. Grrrrrrrrrr.

$350.00 for cart

$75.00 battery

$50.00 fuel pump

$50.00 2 cans spray on bed liner, 2 cans flat black paint and 1 can white paint plus some Armorall

CiD

Well the project hasn't worked out as planned. Finished working on the cart and took it for a little drive, ran pretty good but was making some noise. Added some oil and it ran right out on the ground. Checked the drain plug and nice and tight. Pulled the motor to see what the problem was, figured worst case was a crack I could weld. I don't think a little weld will fix this one. Maybe I can drop in one of those KLR motors with a Rekluse.

Covered in Oil

post-13540-028671100 1344357681_thumb.jp

You can probably recover costs by selling parts....but yeah, PITA. But that's GL sales for you, win some, lose some.

Quite the grenaded case though.

Lots of JB weld, some sheet metal and a little imagination and you'll be back up and running in no time.

$350.00 for cart

$75.00 battery

$50.00 fuel pump

CiD

Well the project hasn't worked out as planned. Finished working on the cart and took it for a little drive, ran pretty good but was making some noise. Added some oil and it ran right out on the ground. Checked the drain plug and nice and tight. Pulled the motor to see what the problem was, figured worst case was a crack I could weld. I don't think a little weld will fix this one. Maybe I can drop in one of those KLR motors with a Rekluse.

Covered in Oil

Thats probably not going to "buff right out"

eagle mike has several KLR motors for sale, that run. If your interested

Never knew this site existed. Just when I thought I was addiction free! :o This will get me into trouble....