mctrails

TRAIL WORKERS NEEDED @ Corral Saturday 2-18-12

dave, do the full length from 1 to 5 to ranger to the fire road. The trail needs some burn in trail definition near the barb wire fence. you will know it when you see it. try and follow the tracks that are already there.

Will do Brad, I rode that part by the barb wire fence a couple of weeks ago, was rather surprised to see the fence actually.

dave it won't hurt to ride 7 too. i don't think its been used more than a few times since we cut it last year. that is probably the nastiest trail there.

Oddly warm day, or I'm way outa shape. Actually I just weighed my Tech 10's they weigh 10.1 lbs, dry, no wonder I got so leg weary. Gotta get lighter boots. Great day of trail building, gotta get out there and do some trail definition now.

I believe Tech 10's are one of the lightest boots out there. I know they are lighter than the SG10 I have. I would be interested to know what are the lightest boots without giving up the protection of the higher end boots.

I believe Tech 10's are one of the lightest boots out there. I know they are lighter than the SG10 I have. I would be interested to know what are the lightest boots without giving up the protection of the higher end boots.

My buddies Sidis felt lighter. He's goona weigh them.

... I'm way outa shape. Actually I just weighed my Tech 10's they weigh 10.1 lbs, dry, no wonder I got so leg weary. Gotta get lighter boots. ...

You just need to spend more time on your mountain bike. :heh:

I just weighed my Sidi Crossfires. Size 13 = 9 lbs

My 10.5 sidi crossfires 8 lb's

Good info, Sidi's are the next boots I am going to consider. That is, if my SG10's every wear out.

Without wanting to detract from the boot sub thread I went to CC today to ride the new trail.

Got nicely warmed up then started from fireroad on east side and went down trail #4 (904) from north east entrance, then turned onto new connector trial #912A across trails #1 and #5 (901 and 905) up to ranger trail #912 and along to western fire road, was roughly 6 miles of all great single track and took me 27 minutes and that was without any real stops other than a couple of checks to make sure I was still on the right trail. Had a much needed rest then rode back same way I had come, bit tougher west to east but still great fun although bit more difficult to follow trail between #5 and #1 that way especially over the big rocks, could probably use a bit more paint.

This trail combination is awesome, it is continual action with some quite tough bits and no time to rest, great job to Alan and the rest of the SDAR team that have made this happen, and of course Ranger Tull. Now trying to formulate in my mind a new standard loop from 4 corners, I'm thinking it could be great, around an hour of tough trails, mainly ST out to west end of ranger then back same way.

Also rode most of other trails, did Trail #7 down and was surprisingly clear, not overgrown or rain rutted but clearly little used (saw one set of tire tracks from recently), I rode the correct way going up onto trail #3A then down to corral campground but did see when going back up Trail #6 that the easier way directly from #6 to #7 is opened again.

Looking forward to going back to run this again, will try and remember helmet cam next time.

Without wanting to detract from the boot sub thread I went to CC today to ride the new trail.

Got nicely warmed up then started from fireroad on east side and went down trail #4 (904) from north east entrance, then turned onto new connector trial #912A across trails #1 and #5 (901 and 905) up to ranger trail #912 and along to western fire road, was roughly 6 miles of all great single track and took me 27 minutes and that was without any real stops other than a couple of checks to make sure I was still on the right trail. Had a much needed rest then rode back same way I had come, bit tougher west to east but still great fun although bit more difficult to follow trail between #5 and #1 that way especially over the big rocks, could probably use a bit more paint.

This trail combination is awesome, it is continual action with some quite tough bits and no time to rest, great job to Alan and the rest of the SDAR team that have made this happen, and of course Ranger Tull. Now trying to formulate in my mind a new standard loop from 4 corners, I'm thinking it could be great, around an hour of tough trails, mainly ST out to west end of ranger then back same way.

Also rode most of other trails, did Trail #7 down and was surprisingly clear, not overgrown or rain rutted but clearly little used (saw one set of tire tracks from recently), I rode the correct way going up onto trail #3A then down to corral campground but did see when going back up Trail #6 that the easier way directly from #6 to #7 is opened again.

Looking forward to going back to run this again, will try and remember helmet cam next time.

So it took 27 mins to ride 6 miles that must mean 54 to go both ways, but, you gotta be tired so lets round up to 1 hour. Thats 12 miles in an hour, with a 24 mph avg for most enduros that means I'd hour out after 2 laps of Ranger Trail !!!! Good trail indeed.

I talked with Richard Tull today, he's happy with the progress that was made last weekend. He only asked that we pay attention to any water erosion issues that might occur. Hopefully he will walk it soon.

So it took 27 mins to ride 6 miles that must mean 54 to go both ways, but, you gotta be tired so lets round up to 1 hour. Thats 12 miles in an hour, with a 24 mph avg for most enduros that means I'd hour out after 2 laps of Ranger Trail !!!! Good trail indeed.

Exactly, my aim would be to do this trail combination twice in each direction in under 2hrs without a stop.

I talked with Richard Tull today, he's happy with the progress that was made last weekend. He only asked that we pay attention to any water erosion issues that might occur. Hopefully he will walk it soon.

Good, there are a couple of areas that could get erroded and/or need work/diversions. WIth low rain so far this year it's difficult to tell how bad things could be.

Good, there are a couple of areas that could get erroded and/or need work/diversions. WIth low rain so far this year it's difficult to tell how bad things could be.

I agree with "a little more paint on the rocks"... Thanks to all who put the effort into the trail! Rode it yesterday both directions in just over 15 minutes.....Riiiight. Looks like someone played clean up on several other trail as well. Very nice

With the conditions as good as they are right now I actually resemble a real rider out there.(not really) I corner, climb and even crash better right now. Crazy to think that one week ago (Tuesday) I started from Pine Valley in the morning; It was 37 degrees and it took AT LEAST 45 minutes to reach the heli pad near the top. The rear wheel was one solid disc of snow, couldn't see any dirt at all on the fire road. No ruts, no rocks, no traction.... No good! Fun YES, dangerous YES. Trials tire...poor weapon of choice. All the shrubs were covered with snow and hanging across Kernan trail. Every vent in my helmet was packed full, goggles completely covered and clothing turned to ice. Rode several trails at Corral then back over again. Only minor frostbite on the fingers in the end. Sorry, combined a ride report in here. It fits. Thanks to all who put in their efforts which allows me to have these epic times!

Great job!!