bikeslut

Jamul track this Sunday

Feb 12...

Not sure how early they open, but will stay half day. I would invite noobs (tracks are normally a good place to learn) but I don't know this track, so will defer to others on this

roadchick- i still owe you a noob ride

I WILL be on the WR, and test the sproingers suspenders put on...

I should be a Go for this. I'll try to get there at 8am when it opens. I haven't rode it but from what it looks like in videos its a hard packed, "natural terrain" kind of a track. When I went to check it out there were 2 guys riding it. If we can get a group together we can take it over or at least make our presence felt enough so that fast guys know to respect our potentially slower dualsport riders.

From the recent RR about the track, there are also a few trails to ride around the property. Seems like a great place to practice turns over and over again. I hear there are some fun banked turns and lots of drops and dips. No massive jumps and from the videos a rider could roll them easily and continue on the track at their pace.

I'll most likely be on the DRZ with Suspenders' "sproingers"

Track is located here:

http://www.calvmx.net/jamuldirections.html

Sounds like fun. I may join you for a little bit if i can get out.

I'm assuming you can show up and ride without having to take mirrors, plates etc off?

Sounds like fun. I may join you for a little bit if i can get out.

I'm assuming you can show up and ride without having to take mirrors, plates etc off?

I have a philosophy about this...

take them off, or the track will take them off for you :ph34r:

Not really... dual sport equipment has progressed a lot since the dark ages (70s), and should be able to stand up to a novice track. since I assume they use this track for vintage type events, our modern dual sports should be up to the task

as for noobs/dual sports/vets/fast guys on the same track... the fast guys can tell, sooner or later, and they'll avoid you as long as you don't do anything stupid... like turn left right in front of them. Conversely, if you see "the fast line" and you know you're not fast, stay out of that line. Don't do any crazy diagonal lines to avoid the fast lines, just behave in a consistent manner, and the fast guys probably won't hit you... do not stop on the landing of a jump, or anywhere in the middle of the track...

track guys... what say you? I have only been on a track ONCE as an adult, and as a kid, I "thought" I was a fast guy, so really don't know what to tell folks.

roadchick- I would "guess" you would be ok, and it's good practice, on a closed course. If it is mainly SDAR people around, you should be safe enough... we never hit anybody... right Tim? :ph34r:

Hold your line, faster guys will take another line or pass you. Ride your ride. Its a vintage track so no gnarly jumps, only tables which you can roll over and no whoops.

Stand up and a faster rider will roll around you.

From all reports the the track is never crowded, only a few people. If we have a group no other riders will get out of line or pressure you.

The keys to a fun noob track day are a mellow track, no crowds and friends.

there won't be anyone else there. you should have the place to yourselves. The track doesn't get maintained so its pretty hacked up but still fun. bring a shovel (seriously) to do touch up if there is a particular spot that is bothering you.

OK- I'm there with a buddy on my DRZ

I'll be on the WR, and will bring the DR350 IF I get it running a little better tonight.

I'll bring some basic gardening tools, an EZ up if it is supposed to get hot, and some basic tools/camp chairs

somebody please confirm... this track is on Otay Lakes Road... near the small airport... $25 to ride, and you don't need to be a member

20$ don't pay 25. the track is like a mile or so after the little store, keep an eye out on the south side of the road.

its noob friendly.

20$ don't pay 25. the track is like a mile or so after the little store, keep an eye out on the south side of the road.

its noob friendly.

ok-- everybody heard him... "they said it was $25 on our website... I don't know... $25... hhhmmmmmm"

roadchick- you heard him... noob friendly

i've been there 5 or 6 times and we always pay 20$. please don't start making the rates go up.

i've been there 5 or 6 times and we always pay 20$. please don't start making the rates go up.

that's exactly what I'm saying... we show up with $20 each... "it's $25? We'll just have to go ride Otay Mountain cuz we don't HAVE $25"

"We have TWENTY DOLLARS each"

sounds like we have Goofy (can I assume boyle?), blind, me with two noobs buds...

the gate to this track is not very noticeable unless he added a sign.I might swing by to check it out.

Id like to check it out but I had a rather long evening and didn't make it to the maintenance day today.

That being said my bike still sounds like like a WW II fighter plane and the exhaust can is still ziptied and safety wired together.

If I can fix it tonight I might show up.

They open at 9 so i may drop by to check it out.

Depending on the type of bikes n group on the track, might do couple of laps.

hoping for a little moisture, have wanted to ride track a while now..

so $20 strong arm, eh?? IN!:good:

***NOTE***

i think(*ymmv) this is VERY noob friendly...

as you ride a lap...

recognize a "trouble area",

next lap, SOLVE IT!!!

next lap, MORE SOLID...

and so on...

B)...see you all in the morning!

Okay blind, I'll pay $20 just to watch you FLY. I'm talking both wheels off the ground. Oh, wait... do I hear a track battle with "bboyle9 Racing" brewing? We know about his dirty horsepower tricks.

I'm IN. I'll bring my camera too.

post-14322-013814200 1329021485_thumb.jp

What's our chances of getting the Monster Energy girls to attend? They are in town this weekend for the SX race. Maybe even a Bret Michaels concert?

l.jpg

For those who texted or otherwise asked if I would be there (like both of you :rolleyes: ). Here is my answer.

I am out, work got in the way. This place looks like fun, I can't wait to join you the next time we go!

Okay blind, I'll pay $20 just to watch you FLY. I'm talking both wheels off the ground.

heck I'D like to see that too!

blind flying??? i feel bad for the bike!!!

out the door

B)

Okay blind, I'll pay $20 just to watch you FLY. I'm talking both wheels off the ground.

heck I'D like to see that too!

blind flying??? i feel bad for the bike!!!

out the door

B)

Fun day- anybody; feel free to start a ride report...

Bboylr, goofy, blind, xrlnoob, me and my buddy tim- my executive chef stopped by to watch too

Sounds like fun. Just down the street from me! If I can get away from work I will have to head out there on the DRZ. Been riding all around there but never on that track. Might be a good warm-up for Desert Dash! :-)

Sounds like fun. Just down the street from me! If I can get away from work I will have to head out there on the DRZ. Been riding all around there but never on that track. Might be a good warm-up for Desert Dash! :-)

Duhhhh! That was last Sunday! Any body going this Sunday the 19th?

Duhhhh! That was last Sunday! Any body going this Sunday the 19th?

Start a new thread.

Post it and they will come.... I am trying to anyway.