roadchick

Youth Large Helmet VS. XS Adult Helmet

What's your opinion on an adult wearing the youth vs. the adult? I sat them side by side and the adult has a substantial amount more helmet. The youth is quite a bit less, but these are also NOT ARAI, SHOEI, and other higher end helmets.

Do you go for the higher end?

The problem that I run into in youth helmets is that the shells are substantially smaller than the adult sized helmet shells. I pick brands that offer compact shells for their adult small and extra small sized helmets.

kids have big heads in relation to their bodies (and necks)... just look at Charlie Brown and you'll see it's true

charlie_brown.gif

they need lighter helmets, so they don't get whiplash every time they shift

hopefully, you have grown in to your head, and your neck muscles are up to the task of keeping your head level

go for the adult helmet

I would get the Adult. You thought the afx-39 xs was to big but if you look at their sizing chart compared to others they are larger. Other helmets in the XS should fit you.

You thought the afx-39 xs was to big but if you look at their sizing chart compared to others they are larger. Other helmets in the XS should fit you.

Ya know....I was afraid that the FX39 would run too large also after reading some reviews of it, but I took a chance and ordered one. I surprised that it fit my head, because I usually have trouble with helmets being too big also. In fact, it was quite snug. Must just be the shape of my head.... :blink:

102_0326.jpg

Thanks for the posts, I'm going for the adult helmet. Thats what I have been using for my street helmets.