Sign in to follow this  
captcham

Agua Caliente Feb 3-5 camp & ride

Hello all, my family and I will be camping at Agua Caliente county park Feb 3-5

Anyone interested come on out and join us. Pools for kids and hot springs for big kids. Ride Sat. 9am- afternoon starting from camp site 42. Looks like the weather should be great for some desert riding. You can reserve sites online for camping if you want and they also have a day parking area if anyone is coming out for only the day, Cheers

Lots of folks headed to Death Valley this week. We will see who wants to enjoy a perfect San Diego Weekend.

New tires and tune-up. Anxious to see if the thing turns better. Campfire, warm spa, could be worse.

I was debating doing this... My truck was broken in to last night and they stole my tool bag... So I may be out... Having your vehicle broken in to and ransacked in very demotivating...

I was debating doing this... My truck was broken in to last night and they stole my tool bag... So I may be out... Having your vehicle broken in to and ransacked in very demotivating...

Very! I had that happen to my vehicle last November, ended up losing around $1500 in stuff. Hope you are able to recover through insurance some of your stolen goods!

My truck was broken in to last night and they stole my tool bag...

Very! I had that happen to my vehicle last November, ended up losing around $1500 in stuff.

Yikes, pipples! I hope you guys can move to a better neighborhood sometime! :(

Steve and family are at their post, site 42 Aqua Caliente Campground through Sunday.

I will join him 0830 Saturday for a 0900 ride. Any direction soon turns into an Intermediate ride but there are a few beginner sections to take a stab at the dez.

shiftyeyes_anim.gif

Might be arriving Julian Coffee 0700, departing 0730 for Agua Caliente Airport parking 0830.

dirol.gif

Won't make Julian at 7am, but plan to be very shortly following..... coffee in hand.

So is this place way above a beginner's level!?

Yes and no. Their are a lot of roads ( Blair Valley ) that are easy. But the leader may take you to some sand washes and you will have to learn real quick.

RC,

I would be "best" to tackle this area on a ride described as Noob/Beginner to get initiated.

For example, yesterdays ride was an intermediate skill and pace for 152 miles, 0930 to 1600hrs, 32 mph moving average 80% sand and rock two track.

Once you have the correct wheels and tires, we can put together a Beginner Day in the Dez.

B

PS, The Desert Dash is Not a good first ride in the desert.

As you are an experience street rider, you are aware that proper suspension setup, i.e. Static and Rider Sag are important.

Proper dirt gearing ( read higher numerical rear / lower front sprockets ) is another help. A fuel range of 100 miles, bigger tank, is a must

once you start extended loops. Tire air pressure around 15lbs. spare 21" tube.

All this riding is getting to complicated. Remember the old days when we just got on our Hodaka,s and rode,I wish I could go back in time.

+1

All this riding is getting to complicated. Remember the old days when we just got on our Hodaka,s and rode,I wish I could go back in time.