Leoffensive

susuki DR200SE?

@baldbeemer okedokey and thank for that search engine its handy i just gotta figure out how to use it a little better.

@Covered in Dust yea i saw that honda today and its freakin sweet.

@2wheels cool place. they dont have anything im currently looking for but i did like the prices on the stuff they did have. ill be sure to lurk them

Air cooled and dead reliable: plated xr250 and dr350.

Xr250 is a cool bike. Plated ones may be hard to find but guys like Sneeker on the forum rave about them. 1996 or 97 through 2004? Was the latest model line. Kickstart only.

Dr350 had a "dr350s" kick start model street legal from the factory from 1990-1993. 1994-1999 was the dr350se with electric start and factory street legal. There are occasionally converted street legal dr350 models which were the dirt and kick only.

Both bikes are light and versatile. No radiators to break. Plated Dr350 can be had $1000-$1500 if you wait. Plated xr250 $1500-$2000.

Im sure others here will post up even more models you could consider.

Air cooled and dead reliable: plated xr250 and dr350.

Xr250 is a cool bike. Plated ones may be hard to find but guys like Sneeker on the forum rave about them. 1996 or 97 through 2004? Was the latest model line. Kickstart only.

Dr350 had a "dr350s" kick start model street legal from the factory from 1990-1993. 1994-1999 was the dr350se with electric start and factory street legal. There are occasionally converted street legal dr350 models which were the dirt and kick only.

Both bikes are light and versatile. No radiators to break. Plated Dr350 can be had $1000-$1500 if you wait. Plated xr250 $1500-$2000.

Im sure others here will post up even more models you could consider.

cool. yea i would love for people to post up other models. like i said im a noob and i dont know much about the bike models(whats what)

im open to anything thats reliable. i will say i love kawasakis cause that bright green is like my favorite color and because a childhood friend used to race on them when we were little and i always was envious and wanted a motorcycle.

but like i said im open to anything as long as its light and not a pain to maintain. so everyone with 2 cents to add..... post away!!!

XR250r = RAVE

1996-2004 models = ~240 pounds

They are hard to find CA plated because no one wants to let them go.

There are endless aftermarket parts for them.

Husky TE250 or 310 are great too but cost much more used.

Goofster was/is in the hunt for a small bore DS, some good reading here:

http://dualsport-sd....8-smaller-bore/

I've owned a few DR350's, and just picked up another for my wife last night up in Orange County. $1200 got me a complete bike and an extra rolling chassis (dirt wheels) along with a bunch of parts and a 2001 DRZ250 that needs some work was thrown in the deal too! Good deals are out there, you just gotta wait and jump on them when they come around.

img1327693425869.jpg

XR400 - street legal - $1800

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/2806777701.html

Another - $2150

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/2782286899.html

I've owned a few DR350's, and just picked up another for my wife last night up in Orange County. $1200 got me a complete bike and an extra rolling chassis (dirt wheels) along with a bunch of parts and a 2001 DRZ250 that needs some work was thrown in the deal too! Good deals are out there, you just gotta wait and jump on them when they come around.

img1327693425869.jpg

XR400 - street legal - $1800

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/2806777701.html

Another - $2150

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/2782286899.html

damnit lucky.... haha

yea im thinking about hitting the guy up in descanso since i work up there. but i cant drive or anything til the 6th so its like torture watching some of these bikes im looking at just go away when i cant even go look at them. i hate bothering my girlfriend for rides haha

@2wheels cool place. they dont have anything im currently looking for but i did like the prices on the stuff they did have. ill be sure to lurk them

I bought a DRZ400 at OTD and a friend of mine bought one of the Yamaha 250's with fuel injection there (I can't think of the model number right now). I'm pretty sure they sell every Japanese model bike.

The price they quote you is the out-the-door price. No surprises when you walk in the door. They do what they say they're going to do.

Leo- let me know if you want a kick start DR350...my old bike (that I sold for $400) might be on the market...

Not sure about registration status, but I expect he would let it go for cheap...in fact, I say offer him $500 firm.

I'll get a note to him when you have cash in hand- 93 DR350...acerbis oversized tank, corbin seat

@bikeslut oh fo sho i could have the money for that mid feb. Id be down to buy it at thatprice this week but my parents need my help. So i must give them a hand. At that price im very interested. Let him know.

Hope its registered :)

Leo- let me know if you want a kick start DR350...my old bike (that I sold for $400) might be on the market...

Not sure about registration status, but I expect he would let it go for cheap...in fact, I say offer him $500 firm.

I'll get a note to him when you have cash in hand- 93 DR350...acerbis oversized tank, corbin seat

what kinda range would i expect to see out oh the 350 with the acerbis tank?

I forget the details- I sold that bike in 2005

I don't even remember the exact tank size; I think it was about 3, and with the 6 speed transmission I was getting 160 maybe on the freeway and way less in the dirt

I have not seen the bike the whole time, but he's the type that buys a toy, plays with it for a few months then let's it sit around...it may need some TLC; oil change, car b cleaned, etc. Dunno...

I'll talk to him soon

Unless things have changed since I took the MSF course, you don't need a permit to take the class. Might save yourself an extra trip to the DMV. Take the MSF course, go to the DMV and take the written test, pass, walk out with motorcycle license. Also, if you are buying any of your gear new wait until after you take the MSF course. Most motorcycle shops give a nice discount off of gear when you have the MSF certificate.

Unless things have changed since I took the MSF course, you don't need a permit to take the class. Might save yourself an extra trip to the DMV. Take the MSF course, go to the DMV and take the written test, pass, walk out with motorcycle license. Also, if you are buying any of your gear new wait until after you take the MSF course. Most motorcycle shops give a nice discount off of gear when you have the MSF certificate.

well i need to go to the DMV to get some restrictions off my license anyways in one week so i figured i might as well take the permit test while im there. that's some good info there. ill definitely ask when i go to buy some new stuff.

OK-

Leo; I pick up the bike tomorrow... I'll take it home and change the gas and oil... He already told me the chain is a mess, but I'll try to pull it and soak it.

I'll clean the air filter (assuming it didn't dry out too much and doesn't tear) and the air box if needed

then I'll start it (I hope)... pull the carb if needed

assuming it starts, we can get a look at in, and decide a fair offer... I'll leave that to the two of you

I'll send or post pictures...

1993 DR350S-

Here is what it looked like new

DR350.jpg

Air-cooled 350 engine with a 6 speed tranny

Acerbis tank, flush mount signals, renthal bars, corbin seat

no stickers left on it; I expect the tires and chain need replacing

If I start it, and it runs good, I may buy it myself... I need a buddy bike and a commuter bike :coolio:

OK-

Leo; I pick up the bike tomorrow... I'll take it home and change the gas and oil... He already told me the chain is a mess, but I'll try to pull it and soak it.

I'll clean the air filter (assuming it didn't dry out too much and doesn't tear) and the air box if needed

then I'll start it (I hope)... pull the carb if needed

assuming it starts, we can get a look at in, and decide a fair offer... I'll leave that to the two of you

I'll send or post pictures...

1993 DR350S-

Here is what it looked like new

DR350.jpg

Air-cooled 350 engine with a 6 speed tranny

Acerbis tank, flush mount signals, renthal bars, corbin seat

no stickers left on it; I expect the tires and chain need replacing

If I start it, and it runs good, I may buy it myself... I need a buddy bike and a commuter bike :coolio:

sweeet. lol i hope you dont buy it. haha i want it otherwise i need to save up more money to find another bike lolol

If you get a DR200 look in the free stuff section - I put a jet kit in there

Here is an excellent "first bike" that I would recommend to anyone. It has everything you will want and need. IMO... dont get a smaller HP bike since you will be begging for more in short time. This XR400 even with the 440 kit is manageable to learn and has plenty of balls so you can ride it till your skilled and 80.... and its an XR so it will most likely last as long. Great price too. I have no affiliation with this bike or owner so do your own homework. I just call an XR like I see one.

http://www.district37ama.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51122