eddie

Pre Dash ride in Ural (Squeeze/Drop Off, etc.)

2 maniacs from SDBMW ran a Ural on the B-V section of LA-B-V in November. One of them, Edward, is planning on taking the Ural to the Dash.

He's doing a little desert run this Saturday, 28-Jan, including the Sqeeze, Drop Off, etc. ALL ARE WELCOME

How could ANYONE miss this?

Here's an email on the action :

Just a reminder to let people know that this Saturday we will be taking the Ural out to run a few Desert Dash routes to see what if any modifications we may need before we do the AMA37 DD next month.

We will have the race Support rig at Butter field Ranch park later Friday afternoon and we will start out on the pre-run saturday morning a little after 0900 hours. We will spend the day in the dirt and some pavement, and plan on returning in the late afternoon for some refreshments and reflection on how the day went. We may even have a small campfire with the local favorite de-brief libations (I may even make a few of my infamous MM Old Fashions or my much sought after Manhattan Rocks). Depending on how Saturday goes --we may also do a Sunday morning pre run to a few other locations as well

2 maniacs from SDBMW ran a Ural on the B-V section of LA-B-V in November. One of them, Edward, is planning on taking the Ural to the Dash.

He's doing a little desert run this Saturday, 28-Jan, including the Sqeeze, Drop Off, etc.

How could ANYONE miss this?

Here's an email on the action :

Just a reminder to let people know that this Saturday we will be taking the Ural out to run a few Desert Dash routes to see what if any modifications we may need before we do the AMA37 DD next month.

We will have the race Support rig at Butter field Ranch park later Friday afternoon and we will start out on the pre-run saturday morning a little after 0900 hours. We will spend the day in the dirt and some pavement, and plan on returning in the late afternoon for some refreshments and reflection on how the day went. We may even have a small campfire with the local favorite de-brief libations (I may even make a few of my infamous MM Old Fashions or my much sought after Manhattan Rocks). Depending on how Saturday goes --we may also do a Sunday morning pre run to a few other locations as well

Seeing the Ural do that might actually force me to come up with the cash and enter the DD :D

The DD is not this weekend. This is the DD course, but not the DD.

That said, I would love be out there wit the GSA (slower pace so I am not holding anyone up). But I am in LA until Monday.

Yep, but they did imply that the Ural will be doing the DD...and that'd be entertaining to be around.

Sorry if I caused any confusion. Of COURSE it's not the Dash.

Edward is taking that 3 wheeled pig on a pre-run of some of the roads to see what breaks off.

My bets:

He'll bounce down The Squeeze,

35% chance at getting up The Steps

Barrel roll down the Drop Off

He'll need a tow rope and either a winch or 11 men to get up Fairchild.

The DD is not this weekend. This is the DD course, but not the DD.

That said, I would love be out there wit the GSA (slower pace so I am not holding anyone up). But I am in LA until Monday.

No implying here. They DEFINITELY plan on doing the Dash in that thing.

Yep, but they did imply that the Ural will be doing the DD...and that'd be entertaining to be around.

I was at SD BMW checking out the Ural and spoke to Ed and wished them well, hehe. I remember them coming through the GPS line at LAB2V and thought they were nuts! But hey, awesome they did it!!

Made me want to buy one ;) It can be 2wd, has reverse, and plenty of storage!!