Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Oriflame Dual Sport Ride

Rec'd an e-mail from the San Diego Adventure riders (Randy L.) on Sat morning that some folks would be gathering for a ride from Ramona Sunday, September 25th. The plan was to ride from Ramona to Julian and down to the Banner store where we'd hit the dirt on the Oriflamme Canyon / Rodriguez Truck Trail. That trail took us up over a mountain, through a canyon and then down to the Anza Borrego area. Once in the valley the trail/road got pretty soft/sandy....that gave some of the bigger bikes problems and after waiting for an hour or so to check on the two remaining riders Peter and I had to leave to get home. If they went according to route, from there the boys headed north on S2 and made a loop through Blair Valley. Back on S2 up to 78, then head east towards the Borrego Springs turnoff (Yaqui Pass). Then up Grapevine Canyon which ends near Ranchita. From there they would've take Montezuma Valley and San Felipe roads back to 79, left on 76, up Mesa G! rande to Black Canyon and finish back in Ramona. I'm not sure how to link over to my photo's but I'll try:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.j...mp;sort_order=0

Guest Randy - 05 DRZ400 - Blue

http://www.sundaysocialclub.com/gal...album=69&page=1

You can click for a larger pic, but unless you have DSL or cable I wouldn't advise it.

This was my first, what I would call, SIGNIFICANT dirty ride. I have been in the dirt for about 3 months now. However, the trails I have been riding are nothing like what we did Sunday. My riding over the last 27 years has been street.....there's not much cross over from that to learn DIRT. However knowing your equipment, and how ALL the controls work is always helpful.

There were quite a few neewbees on this ride. Take the time to learn, and practice. Needless to say I have plenty to learn, OH and work out, cause if you aren't in decent shape, you can get so tired you CAN'T handle the equipment under the needed circumstances.

I was DONE Sunday.....I learned alot Sunday, I'm glad I had the Corbin seat Sunday, I'm glad I got some practice on Saturday, or my Sunday may not have gone too well.

Great to meet you guys....see you all again in San Diego soon!

Randy ( the other one )

05 DRZ400

05 TTR125LE ( my daughter's )

02 ZRX1200R

Guest Randy 05 DRZ400 - Blue

Well I gess my link didn't work.....so I'll try attaching a pic:

Posted Image

Guest Randy 05 DRZ400 - Blue

One more shot with Randy Lazar on the left, and Eric and Tony D posing :):)

Posted Image