Bagstr

More on Vey's Powersports, Lemon Grove

http://www.veyspowersports.com/

Vey's Powersports Lemon Grove - Good Service from Franky in Parts, Club Discount

In-Stock Supersproks x50T and RK EXW 120 link chain, KTM Countershaft 14T

Good stock of oils / Filters

Yup - and they called me as promised when my part came in last week. I actually got it for less than the 'net & that isn't even counting the shipping I would've paid.

That store always seems to have a decent stock of orange parts.

for the size of the (parts) store its really well laid out

very helpful and always get the - %

Thanks for the heads-up on Veys. Just sold an old quad so time to invest some money in my old 450. Gonna check with them before I order anything elsewhere.

I just picked up my new 2012 KTM 500 from them. I always get great service. I noticed they have a EXC 500, a couple XCWs, and the 350s on there floor right now for anyone looking. I'm sure there are other deals also but as you can tell I only look at the orange bikes. LOL

Cool a new 500 !!!! I just dropped off my 2011 300 that I bought there to get a Rekluse clutch put in. Robert let me ride his 300 with the Rekluse and I'm sold. Great shop.

Cool a new 500 !!!! I just dropped off my 2011 300 that I bought there to get a Rekluse clutch put in. Robert let me ride his 300 with the Rekluse and I'm sold. Great shop.

Congrats on the 500 Tree!!! That will be an awesome Baja weapon!

Bill, you'll love the Rekluse on your 300......ask me how I know :coolio::heh:

300XCW.jpg

All the cool guys have a Rekluse.

So KTM + Rekluse = cool, how GROOVY.

Last week my Sidi boots that have only 6 rides on them broke, when I contacted Sidi they would not warranty them. I talked to Robert at Veys where I got them and was told to bring them in and not to worry that he would see to it that they were replaced. That's service. PS I get the next Rekluse they get in stock.

So KTM + Rekluse = cool, how GROOVY.

I guess I'll never be cool. I really had some hope, but you guys shot it down hard. Husky+ OEM Clutch= not cool(?).

I guess I'll never be cool. I really had some hope, but you guys shot it down hard. Husky+ OEM Clutch= not cool(?).

:drinks:

I didn't love the rekluse either...

I didn't love the rekluse either...

Well, to be fair, yours was not working correctly.

The new tech no stall thing sounds great.

I like to control both my power and decel slippage so I dont want or need the full auto thing (plus IMHO it really heats the crap out of the oil with excessive clutch plate slip friction on acceleration), plus I always use my clutch as a brake/anti hopper on decel.

I could be cool with the no stall for sure (I know a few guys with it and they all love it), but it is a little cost prohibitive at 700+ bucks. So its OEM clutch for spend my moto cash elsewhere me.

This set up is appealing- the Core EXP.

http://www.rekluse.com/core_exp.shtml

I never saw the need for a Rekluse clutch...I like having manual clutch control all the time.

The new tech no stall thing sounds great.

I like to control both my power and decel slippage so I dont want or need the full auto thing (plus IMHO it really heats the crap out of the oil with excessive clutch plate slip friction on acceleration), plus I always use my clutch as a brake/anti hopper on decel.

I could be cool with the no stall for sure (I know a few guys with it and they all love it), but it is a little cost prohibitive at 700+ bucks. So its OEM clutch for spend my moto cash elsewhere me.

This set up is appealing- the Core EXP.

http://www.rekluse.com/core_exp.shtml

Well...I can address a couple statements-

First, it realy does not slip any more on acceleration that a full-manual clutch. It's all in the setup- even at my (low) skill level, I have it set up for a pretty fast engagement at fairly low rpm. With it setup like this, I still use the override a bit in the technical stuff. It CAN be set up less aggressively, which would make riding even easier, but with less rider control.

One may freely debate the pros/cons of giving a rider like myself "control" ; )

Same can be done on decel- a rekluse is not a "slipper" clutch- it remains engaged on deceleration, and can be overridden should the rider have the skills.

What it WON'T do is allow bump-starting or hold your bike on a hill.

Not trying to convince anyone it's better- I enjoy mine, but often consider returning to full manual. But I'm an old guy, and it is much less work, especially over a long day.

"Won't hold you bike on a hill."

I would be in trouble.

Just a thank you to Vey's for a quick tire swap. I take mine to a shop since it's important for me to get them balanced correctly and frankly, it's not something I enjoy messin' with.

Dropped off the wheels and new tires, done in an hour, $40. Walk in - no appointment.

Friendly service counter and I checked out the Arctic Cat Wildcat they had. It's no Zenosan, and it's pricey, but it looks fun.

I Bought my New 990 Adventure Baja at Vey's in Lemon Grove. I was going to buy it at GP but wanted to the purchase and service thing to be done closer to where I live. I like to to support my local businesses when I can; especially when the Customer Service is good and the prices are fair.

I had the 1st service done already and the Bike was ready for pickup on time; So far, so good on everything thus far. The 990 runs great and is getting the usual "Gunner Mods / Bling" treatment I give all my Bikes ;)/>/>/>

I'll be taking my '10 530EXC-R to them prior to Dez season for a good "Once over" on everything when the time comes so she will be ready.