Good to hear all is well direct from the horses mouth.

I tried to explain the storms, and posible SPOT issues with your dad. He seemed to like hearing you were most likely OK from somebody you ride with in baja regularly... the fact that you saved my bacon twice eased his mind.

As of his last update he is in TJ and creeping towards the border.

Hope to see you soon hombre! the beers are on me next trip!

Eric,

Gladd you are back on US soil, we need a detail wrote up of the trip once you take unload the bike, we need details details and details with pictures pleasedrinks.gif. drinks.gifdrinks.gif

Before I get to a write-up of the trip (which will definitely require some work), I want to thank a few people on this site that provided me with some peace of mind that I otherwise wouldn't have.

Dave (Steelrain) & Driss - Both of which offered to donate their time, autos, and gear to come rescue me if needed. If you haven't been deep in the Baja before than you probably don't realize what it means to know that there are good people behind you, willing to support you in such a manner. There is no way I could put a price on the peace-of-mind this gave me.

Covered in Dust - In Loreto I stopped into an internet cafe and logged on to read my messages. The first message I read was from CID offering to ride down the peninsula and deliver a new rear shock if needed. What a surprise to receive such a gesture from an SDAR member that I have never even shared a ride with.

SDAR - I can't tell you how happy I am to have discovered this site. It has introduced me to many really good riders, and much more importantly, many really good people.

Sondra - I saved Sondra for last because she really went above & beyond to assist me in this adventure. She allowed Ken and I to stage from her home the night before, she made lots of coffee for us in the morning, she went with us to Tecate and drove Ken's truck back to her place where she secured it for over two weeks, she sent both Ken and I off with two bottles of whiskey each (YEE HA!), she watched our progress intently and communicated with myself and my father, she wired Ken $320 OF HER OWN MONEY when the knucklehead ran out of funds, and she drove Ken's truck back to the border to pick us up when we arrived back in the U.S. Wow, what can I say? Sondra, you are an angel and there is no way I can thank you enough. I know we left your place quickly last night, but I will not forget your part in this adventure. THANK YOU!

A full write to come!

Epic, all the way around.

Good stuff. Can't wait to see the photos. :thumbsup_anim:

Eric,

We are waiting and waiting and waiting get the xxxxxxx report with pictures posted please please.

1325098379[/url]' post='118298']

Epic, all the way around.

Good stuff. Can't wait to see the photos. :thumbsup_anim:

I apologize for the delay. Unfortunately, the trip ended as the holidays began, doubling my R&R period. I'm going to write-up the trip in segments, with the first installment coming this Tuesday.

I ordered the beer and lit my cigar waiting very patiently.

1325274912[/url]' post='118440']

I apologize for the delay. Unfortunately, the trip ended as the holidays began, doubling my R&R period. I'm going to write-up the trip in segments, with the first installment coming this Tuesday.

So new to this forum... pretty cool how Eric kept everyone posted the entire time. Did anyone ever see his official write up? Would love to learn more about his route too \ learn from his experience. Planning the same type of trip this October. San Diego, CA driveway to Cabo, Cabo to driveway. Glad he made it back.